Purple and Brown Fall Wreath

With the changing seasons I thought it was time to finally put away my patriotic decor and put up a Fall wreath. A purple, brown, and cream colored wreath.
This wreath is just what I was going for, it only took me three days a million hot glue gun burns and many many different flower combos to get it. Don’t believe me? Well I was originally going with this, plus a cream colored felt..ehh.
Needless to say it just didn’t work so I left it alone and kept going back to it over and over again trying to find something I liked.
I went into my fabric stash and found this purple fabric and muslin..it was perfect!
 I like all the different textures this wreath has
So what do you think? I don’t see brown and purple together often but I really like the way it turned out.
Have you made a fall wreath yet ? I’d love to see it!
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you’re having a fabulous day!
Please check out my party page to see where I’m linking up at.

Comments

1. Walking by Faith says

Cute wreath! I love purple in the Fall. I justade a new yarn wreath in purple, orange, and cream. I have the post up on my blog if you want to see it! :)

Thanks for sharing and have a great night!

Kim @ Little Rays of Sunshine

2. The Doodler says

Beautiful! The purple and brown are simply perfect! Thanks for the inspiration, I'm trying to decide exaclty what I want my fall wreath to look like and you gave me some great ideas!

Brie from darlingdoodles.blogspot.com

3. Ami w/AliLilly says

OH!!! SO GORGEOUS!!!! I'm posting TWO Fall Wreaths today AND have my FIRST ONE EVER from last years already posted! :)

4. Bethany @ A Fish Who Likes Flowers says

Your wreath is beautiful! I haven't seen very much of the purple, brown combination, but I feel like it really works. Your flowers are adorable. You did a great job!

5. Humberto Dib says

Hi, Crystal, I just popped in to say hello, great blog, congratulations!
    I'll follow you.
    You can visit mine if you feel like.
    Cheers from Argentina!
    Humberto.

6. Jenny@thelavendermagnolia says

It's so beautiful!! Love the purple and heather brown together. I have to learn how to make the flowers like your brown ones. So, so pretty!

Visiting from the Shabby Creek Cottage.

Jenny

7. La Petite Vie says

It's so perfect!!! I love the colors, so classy! I would love to have this on my black door. Thanks so much for the fab idea and tutorial!

8. Kelley @ TheGrantLife.com says

(found ya on a linky party.)
    The colors go together perfect! I can relate to the hot glue burns.. my fingers are healing from them as we speak. :)

9. Knudsen's says

I'm with everybody else……so, so, so cute! Is there any way you could post a tutorial on how you made those yummy flowers? I can't figure out how you did it just by looking at it. :)

Camille

10. Jessie says

Lovely wreath! I love that you used a different color combination, as opposed to the standard warm fall colors (which I do love also)…And using the different textures is genius! I am so glad I found your blog!!:)

11. Jamie says

I kept seeing your wreath at a lot of the link parties and drooling over it… great job! Those are the colors I have in my living room (they make me so happy). What a fresh take on the fall palette!

12. Katherines Corner says

A lovely way to welcome fall, it's so pretty!I enjoyed my visit to your blog. Hugs! P.S. I hope you'll stop by Katherines Corner and say hello and enter the giveaway too.

13. Anna Kelly says

Would you mind emailing me how you made the dark gray (brown) flowers? They are a great accent against the purple roses!

What a lovely combination of colors and contrasts. My door is turquoise and I can see doing a wreath in some neat colors. Love how yours came out!