Pinecone Turkeys

Thanksgiving crafts for kids – how to make pinecone turkeys using felt, feathers and wiggle eyes!

Pinecone Turkeys - Thanksgiving craft ideas for kids

Today I’m revisiting a craft we made last year. It’s our pinecone turkeys! Want to know something exciting? These guys are part of the 100 Days of Holidays Parents Magazine Newsletter.
To make these cute little guys go on a nature walk with the kiddos and find some pinecones. Grab some felt, feathers, wiggly eyes and you’re ready to go.

Pinecone Turkeys

Supplies:
pinecones
orange felt
feathers
eyes
glue

Step on: Cut your feathers in half
 Step two: Use a small amount hot glue to add the feathers
 Step three: glue on the eyes and beak
The kids will be making these again this year as they wait for Thanksgiving dinner. We’re going to try using Elmer’s glue instead of hot glue. If anyone tries it, let me know if it holds up well. :)

Comments

1. Mindie Hilton says

Cute! I saw one other pine cone turkey out in blog land too. Great minds think alike. I have one I am schuduled to share next week. I love yours those with the feathers, I used felt. Happy Thanksgiving Time from Bacon Time.

2. Elle and Lou says

What fun- makes me wish that we celebrated Thanksgiving in Australia just so I could make on of these little cuties! Lou

3. Kelli @ RTSM says

Those are too cute! We've made some like that before but we turned the pine cone the other way….yours are way cuter! I need to remember that for next time:)

4. WhyCuzICan says

TOOOO cute!! Made me LOL, no kidding!

Darling project :D <—is there a bigger smiley than that? If so, please consider it "inserted"

Thanks for sharing today :D
    Visiting from TT&J linky party,
    Smiles, Suzanne in NW Illinois

5. Daneilia @ Anchors Away says

The turkeys are fun…was thinking about doing some with yarn balls. Anyways, thanks for hosting the giveaway. Thank you to Shabby Apple :)

6. Debbie Mendes Cotton says

What a cute project!! I may need to make this for all of my coworkers next week. Swing by our party and link up this week! xoxo Debbie @ InspiredHoneyBee.blogspot

7. Shannah @ Just Us Four says

This is so adorable! I have a ton of leftover pinecones from my recent spray painted pinecone project and now I have a use for them.

8. AllieMakes! says

Those are SO cute! Thanks for the tutorial!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie this week! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

9. Amanda K @ Every Creative Endeavor says

Hello! This turkey is so cute! I love it! What a fun idea – thanks so much for linking up!

10. AmieAnn says

These are soo stinkin adorable and super fun for the kids! My kiddies are going to love these!
    Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party!