DIY Party Hats

Am I the only one in disbelief that New Year’s is just a couple days away? This year seems to have flown by. But I’m embracing 2012’s quick approach. There’s something about a new year that excites me. New beginnings, new goals, new milestones my children will reach, the feeling I get where everything needs to be organized, and of course eating healthier.
In preparation for the New Year I made some festive Party Hats for the kids. I used an old party hat to trace onto some glitter scrapbook paper.
 Because the cardstock was so thick stapling it worked the best. I hot glued the garland and then added some string to each side. You could also use elastic.
 The garland I found in Walmart’s Christmas clearance for 98 cents. I like it so much I’m thinking of going back tomorrow to get the other colors they had.
Now we like to get pretty wild around these parts so we’ll be doing a whole lot this on New Year’s eve…
Yup, that’s right that Play-Doh kit has 40 accessories in it. It’ll definitely be a night to remember :)
Now check out these fun ideas I found on pinterest…

What are your New Year’s Eve plans? Do you like to go out or stay in? If you have any kid activities planned please share, you know in case the play-doh activity gets too wild :)
Linking up at these link parties,  TCB, Craft Envy

Pin It

Comments

1. LaVonne L. says

Oh, my Princess and hubster are both sick. We had to cancel our party tonight. We were going to have three other families over for food, movie, games and fireworks :(

But oh, well. We will just relax as a family. Thanks for sharing these ideas. I appreciate it. Happy New Year!

2. Ruby Jean says

Okay I think those are the PRETTIEST party Hats EVER!!! so very FUN and Sparkly :) coming over from Positively Splendid

3. Mindee & Austin says

Cute post! Loved all the awesome 2012 photos, what great ideas! YOur party hats are ADORABLE! Im going to be making one for my baby girl in May and i cant wait! Happy new year!!

4. Alison @ Oopsey Daisy says

Crystal, these hats are absolutely amazing! And perfect for New Year's! Thank you so much for linking up at Oopsey Daisy! I've always loved your blog!

5. Diana says

Found you from somedaycrafts linky party! These hats are so stinking cute! So simple too. I may have to make these for my daughters birthday next month. ;)

6. Allison {A Glimpse Inside} says

Those hats are so festive! Love them!

Thanks so much for linking up to this week's Catch a Glimpse party! I will be featuring this tomorrow!

7. Catrin says

Cute. Next New Year's party with my niece, I'll be making these. Thanks for sharing.
    Greetings from Germany