web analytics
blueberry coffee cake
Gold Leaf Succulent Planter
DIY Watercolor Bookmarks

DIY Chalkboard Labels

Happy Friday my friends! I’ve been busy getting our house organized all week. Isn’t funny how the beginning of a new year motivates you to clean and organize? Why don’t I get this motivation any other time of the year so that my house could actually stay in order? Anyhow today I want to show you my new DIY Chalkboard Labels. If you checked out my 15 Organizing Ideas you’ll see that I found this idea on Lil Blue Boo. I made mine a little different using my Cricut but if you don’t have a cutting machine she provides a free template download for you to use.

To make your own chalkboard labels you’ll need contact paper and chalkboard paint. I used Martha Stewart’s blue chalkboard paint left over from my blue chalkboard.

Disregard the cricut cartridge in the picture, I ended up using the Cupcake Wrappers/Toppers cartridge. My labels were 4 inches big.

Once I cut the labels out I used a glue stick to hold them in place on a sheet of paper. Then gave them a couple coats of paint. Letting each coat dry in between coats.

Then you take the contact paper off the backing and apply it wherever you’d like. I’m seriously obsessed with making these. They’re going to be plastered everywhere in our house.

I’m using them to organize my boring craft storage containers. Don’t they look cute?

Thanks for stopping by. I’ll be back tomorrow with a winter wreath project and next week is my big bathroom reveal ::squeal:: Have a great weekend!
Linking up to these parties, tcb, and craft envy.

Pin It

Comments

1. Katy @ Live Laugh Love Craft says:

Wow.. what a fabulous idea! I have those same storage units (only wider). I am definitely pinning this and might be doing this in the future! Thanks so much for the idea. :) Love your blog by the way!!

2. Coupon Clippin' Mommy says:

I'm going to have to check out he Martha Stewart chalkboard paint. I pinned this project so I will remember to try it out!

3. Rachel {BubblyNatureCreations.com} says:

I love these!!! I like how you can change them!!!

4. Rachel {BubblyNatureCreations.com} says:

Oh and I am jealous you have a cricut!!! lol

5. Oh, I wouldn't have thought this would work, but wow this turned out great. Need to make these. They look awesome.Thanks for sharing.
    Greetings from Germany
    Catrin

6. Awesome, thank you so much! I have some big canisters in the kitchen that I want to label and I could not find big ones in the stores (to paint). Sweet, my afternoon project is planned!
    Greetings from Canada,
    Sue

7. Nat and Holly says:

Great idea :) I have some Martha chalkboard paint leftover from a project too… now I know what to do with it! Thanks!

8. These are great and I can't wait to try it. I really need to do some reorganizing soon.
    Ruth

9. This is a great idea, I think I will be using this when I redo my craft room. thanks for sharing

10. Nancy's Couture says:

I so need to do this with all of my sewing stuff. I love the blue chalkboard paint! It's so much prettier than the black or green. Visiting from the Brassy Apple!

11. These are soo cute.. and I just just got the new Cricut Expression 2 for Christmas.. this would be a fun project! Thanks so much for sharing!
    xoxo
    Amie

12. Shannon MadiganMade says:

Wait – MS makes chalkboard paint? I must check that out! These look great!

13. darling! thanks for linking up to make it monday!

14. Very cute! Great idea! :)

15. LOVE this idea!! So sweet! Found you on Sumo's Sweet Stuff, hope you have a great week!
    Michelle

16. Catherine says:

Just saw your pic on sugar bee crafts – what a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

17. Shannah @ Just Us Four says:

This is such a cute idea. Thanks for sharing!

18. LOVE this!! Hope you can link it up at my turquoise lovin' party going on right now! http://www.sweetlittlegals.com/2012/01/turquoise-lovin-20.html#comment-form

19. Alison @ Oopsey Daisy says:

I adore this idea! How perfect for organization–and it works for so many different things! Love the color you used, too!

20. Aimee - ItsOverflowing.com says:

Great idea, especially being January and I totally need to be organizing!!! I'd love to have you link it to my party that just started! Overflowing with Creativity!!! Thanks LOTS!

XO, Aimee

21. These are so cute. I love the colors and shape. I want to do this now. Thanks for sharing. I would love it if you could link this to our linky party going on right now.

22. Eva {Tales of the Scotts} says:

Really great. And really pretty color too. I'm pinning this to give it a try!

23. Nicolette @ Momnivore's Dilemma says:

I have an unhealthy obsession with clear contact paper. And labels. Have you tried that chalkboard paint recipe that's all over the pinterest?

It works. Just did it on my kitchen wall. :) {soon to be revealed}

Love this idea, Crystal. Sharing at the pinterest and the twitter. I used adhesive chalkboard and scrapbooking scissors to do mine, but this is way better…

I will be featuring you next week as well!
    Have a good one.
    N

24. Alida - Radcrafter says:

I love all the tutorials on lil blue boo – great job!!

I'd love to invite you to share this on my Thingamajig Thursday party going on now.. http://radcrafter.com/2012/01/thingamajig-thursday-party-10/

Alida
    radcrafter.com

25. Carrie @ My Favorite Finds says:

That's really cute. You need to link some of your stuff to my Wednesday Pinterest Favorites party…definetly something I would feature! Anyway, I just received my chalkboard contact paper from Amazon this week, and I'm going to get to work in the pantry labeling our containers. I just finished rearranging/organizing it, and have been dying for the paper to come so I can start labeling! Yours look great!

26. I had some white contact paper, which I totally forgot about, and everything else on hand. Printed of some templates and got to work. I put the labels on some jars in the kitchen today. Thanks for this great tutorial!
    Sue

27. Designed by Dawn Nicole says:

I have my crafty stuff stored in the same plastic shelving. I so need to label them like this! Great tute!

28. You always have some of the greatest projects!

29. Love this project! You should share it with my readers @ thrift[me] blog, they'd love it too: http://thriftmeblog.com/lets-organize-2012-kitchen-countertops-recap-link-party/.

Thanks!
    Katy

30. Ooo! I'm going to be doing this. Thanks for the instructions!

~Steph @ Silver Boxes

31. Delightful Order says:

You've been featured!

Thanks for joining the party! Hope to see you again, this Thursday.

DaNita

32. So great! I just finished painting some wood tags with chalkboard paint for my son's room. But these adhesive ones would be so much better for my ever growing craft supplies! Thanks for sharing & linking up to Craft Monkey'n Monday!

33. Featuring YOU today! :) Thank you so much for linking up to {wow me} wednesday.

Ginger @ gingersnapcrafts.com

ps LOVE your new header! Cute!! :)

34. Victoria Fane says:

This is such a cute and great idea!! I am always looking for ways to use my Cricut and make labels!! The paint sticks to the Contact paper?? I can't way to try this out. I would love to label every. single. thing. in. my. house. :)

35. {northern cottage} says:

gorgeous – love the aqua color. I did something similar with plain ol black awhile back for my kitchen canisters but I like yours even better! xoxo

c'mon by for a visit anytime! linky party going on now!