DIY Chalkboard Labels

Happy Friday my friends! I’ve been busy getting our house organized all week. Isn’t funny how the beginning of a new year motivates you to clean and organize? Why don’t I get this motivation any other time of the year so that my house could actually stay in order? Anyhow today I want to show you my new DIY Chalkboard Labels. If you checked out my 15 Organizing Ideas you’ll see that I found this idea on Lil Blue Boo. I made mine a little different using my Cricut but if you don’t have a cutting machine she provides a free template download for you to use.

To make your own chalkboard labels you’ll need contact paper and chalkboard paint. I used Martha Stewart’s blue chalkboard paint left over from my blue chalkboard.

Disregard the cricut cartridge in the picture, I ended up using the Cupcake Wrappers/Toppers cartridge. My labels were 4 inches big.

Once I cut the labels out I used a glue stick to hold them in place on a sheet of paper. Then gave them a couple coats of paint. Letting each coat dry in between coats.

Then you take the contact paper off the backing and apply it wherever you’d like. I’m seriously obsessed with making these. They’re going to be plastered everywhere in our house.

I’m using them to organize my boring craft storage containers. Don’t they look cute?

Thanks for stopping by. I’ll be back tomorrow with a winter wreath project and next week is my big bathroom reveal ::squeal:: Have a great weekend!
Linking up to these parties, tcb, and craft envy.

Pin It

Comments

1. Katy @ Live Laugh Love Craft says

Wow.. what a fabulous idea! I have those same storage units (only wider). I am definitely pinning this and might be doing this in the future! Thanks so much for the idea. :) Love your blog by the way!!

2. Coupon Clippin' Mommy says

I'm going to have to check out he Martha Stewart chalkboard paint. I pinned this project so I will remember to try it out!

3. Catrin says

Oh, I wouldn't have thought this would work, but wow this turned out great. Need to make these. They look awesome.Thanks for sharing.
    Greetings from Germany
    Catrin

4. Sue says

Awesome, thank you so much! I have some big canisters in the kitchen that I want to label and I could not find big ones in the stores (to paint). Sweet, my afternoon project is planned!
    Greetings from Canada,
    Sue

5. Nat and Holly says

Great idea :) I have some Martha chalkboard paint leftover from a project too… now I know what to do with it! Thanks!

6. Nancy's Couture says

I so need to do this with all of my sewing stuff. I love the blue chalkboard paint! It's so much prettier than the black or green. Visiting from the Brassy Apple!

7. AmieAnn says

These are soo cute.. and I just just got the new Cricut Expression 2 for Christmas.. this would be a fun project! Thanks so much for sharing!
    xoxo
    Amie

8. Alison @ Oopsey Daisy says

I adore this idea! How perfect for organization–and it works for so many different things! Love the color you used, too!

9. Nicolette @ Momnivore's Dilemma says

I have an unhealthy obsession with clear contact paper. And labels. Have you tried that chalkboard paint recipe that's all over the pinterest?

It works. Just did it on my kitchen wall. :) {soon to be revealed}

Love this idea, Crystal. Sharing at the pinterest and the twitter. I used adhesive chalkboard and scrapbooking scissors to do mine, but this is way better…

I will be featuring you next week as well!
    Have a good one.
    N

10. Carrie @ My Favorite Finds says

That's really cute. You need to link some of your stuff to my Wednesday Pinterest Favorites party…definetly something I would feature! Anyway, I just received my chalkboard contact paper from Amazon this week, and I'm going to get to work in the pantry labeling our containers. I just finished rearranging/organizing it, and have been dying for the paper to come so I can start labeling! Yours look great!

11. Sue says

I had some white contact paper, which I totally forgot about, and everything else on hand. Printed of some templates and got to work. I put the labels on some jars in the kitchen today. Thanks for this great tutorial!
    Sue

12. Designed by Dawn Nicole says

I have my crafty stuff stored in the same plastic shelving. I so need to label them like this! Great tute!

13. Heidi says

So great! I just finished painting some wood tags with chalkboard paint for my son's room. But these adhesive ones would be so much better for my ever growing craft supplies! Thanks for sharing & linking up to Craft Monkey'n Monday!

14. Victoria Fane says

This is such a cute and great idea!! I am always looking for ways to use my Cricut and make labels!! The paint sticks to the Contact paper?? I can't way to try this out. I would love to label every. single. thing. in. my. house. :)