LOVE Pillow

After I labeled everything I possibly could with my DIY Chalkboard Labels, there was still a large roll of contact paper left over. Scrambling my brain for ideas it occurred to me that contact paper might make a good stencil. I figured vinyl works great as stencil why not contact paper? You can only imagine my excitement when it worked. Ahhh think of the possibilities. Inexpensive DIY contact paper stencils galore! Maybe you’re thinking duh Crystal where have you been? But I had no idea. So I was excited to make a Valentine’s Day LOVE Pillow out of it.
My inspiration for this pillow came from the I <3 NY logo and LOVE sculpture.
To make your own contact paper stencil cut out your design and use the negative portion. I played around with different fonts using my cricut but you could use an X-ACTO knife if you don’t own a cutting machine.
You don’t need fabric ink either. Just mix any acrylic paint with fabric medium (equal parts).
To make the slipcover affix your stencil onto the fabric
Using a foam pouncer dab the paint on, letting each letter dry completely before moving onto the next.
It’s a little hard to see in the picture but the heart has glitter paint on top of the red acrylic paint. A girls gotta have glitter right? :)
FYI this zippered pillow cover is from the dollar store. This was the last one but I’m hoping they get more in. So run to your dollar store and see if they have any left.
Thanks for stopping by. Have a fabulous weekend!
Pin It

Linking up at these parties, TCB, Crafty Envy, Home Stories A to Z

Comments

1. Nicolette @ Momnivore's Dilemma says

I love both the I <3 ny ads and the LOVE art sign. Great melding of the two. Pinning this, of course. I need to go to rehab for pinning…

I am working on a contact paper creation to stencil my back entry. Wait til you see my cheap-o ways…lol..

Have a great weekend, Crystal.

2. Daneilia @ Anchors Away says

I love the NY sign. New York wasn't my fave place to visit but definitely have some fun things ;) Your pillow looks great girlie.

It's not a requirement to participate, but would be fun if you did :)
    tag…you're it

3. natashagoes says

Woah! I totally have contact paper that I could use for this. Now just need some fabric medium and it will be great- thanks for the inspiration.

visiting from Flamingo Toes!
    Natasha from Natashagoes

4. WhyCuzICan says

Darling pillow- reminds me of the best of the LOVE series of stamps from the post office all those years ago :)

Nice job!
    Visiting from Craft-O-Maniac's linky party,
    ~Suzanne in NW Illinois

5. Megan says

fun! thanks for linking up to Make it MOnday!

glad you found some fun uses for the paint too! I sometimes use freezer paper – iron it and it adheres temporarily :)

6. Six Sisters says

Cute Pillow! We are so glad that you linked up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". We hope you will come back next Saturday and share another idea! -The Sisters

7. Alison @ Oopsey Daisy says

This is SOOO cute! :) Love that heart, and it's absolutely perfect for V-Day! Crystal, I adore your projects! They are always so lovely–I look forward to them!

8. gail says

Your pillow is sooo cute! What a great deal. I just went to my $$ tree today. We never have anything good.
    thanks for linking up to catch as catch can
    gail

9. Lori says

Great pillow for all year! Glad I found your blog. I'm following you now. Stop by anytime, and follow to so we can keep in touch. Lori

10. Heidi says

This pillow is gorgeous! Love Love LOVE it! Thanks for linking up and sharing at Craft Monkey'n Monday! I pinned this project and shared it on the Craft Monkey FB page!

11. Julie says

This is great! I need new pillows and am thinking about doing something like this. Thanks for inspiring me this week!
    ~Julie @ Singing Three Little Birds

12. Frazzled Mom of Five says

This is awesome! I cannot thank you enough for sharing the bit about the fabric medium to equal parts paint for the fabric paint- I am going to get some today!
    ~Jen

13. Nicolette @ Momnivore's Dilemma says

Hey Crystal-

Just letting you know that you are featured at Creative Juice tonight. Have a good one.

p.s. I did just buy my Cameo. :)

14. Amanda Jones says

Holy Moly – just like your other 50 comments {wink} I love this! I am featuring it at my party this week!