Valentine’s Day Garland

Is it just me or does seeing holiday decor at Target make you want to start crafting? I wasn’t ready to take down my Winter Wreath and start my Valentine’s decor, then I went to Target. You know that place that I seem to be addicted to? The one my husband dreads going to because I can spend hours just browsing through the aisles always finding something new. Someone please tell me I’m not the only one? Of course seeing all the Valentine’s stuff made me start brainstorming Valentine’s Day crafts.
I wanted a garland to hang on our mirror but wasn’t sure what color scheme to go with this year. So I headed to Hobby Lobby and found this hot pink heart paper. My original idea was to do something similar to my Thanksgiving Doily Garland, but then I remembered I had these heart doily’s left over from last year.

This garland couldn’t be any easier to make. All I used were heart doily’s, 2 inch hearts, bakers twine, and an Elmer’s glue stick.

I simply glued the heart in the center of each doily then threaded the bakers twine at the top. In case you’re wondering I found the bakers twine at Hobby Lobby in the scrapbooking section.

I’m in love with this garland. I tend to like simple decor with pops of color, this garland is exactly that.

Thanks for stopping! Hope you’re having a great week!
Linking up to these parties, TCB, Craft Envy,

Comments

1. Amy says

Your garland looks so pretty on the mirror. I also did a cute garland over my mirror but mine is crocheted hearts. Such a great look, love how simple yours was.

2. Nicolette @ Momnivore's Dilemma says

Saw these doilies at the Tar-Jay yesterday and thought of you! This is simple, and gorgeous…

If you have time tonight, Crystal, pop them in my Valentine's Day Linky…

Thanks for sharing at Creative Juice. I love all the projects that come out of pumpkin and a princess. Your bathroom redo is STUNNING, btw.

3. Michelle {Daydream Believers} says

What a sweet garland! I love the lacy look of the doily – just perfect for Valentines! :) Nice job!

4. natashagoes says

Lovely! I like the bakers twine- I just made some and hadn't thought to use it on anything but wrapping up gifts! Thanks for this inspiration!

visiting from flamingo toes!

5. Six Sisters says

Garland adds so much to any holiday, and this is soooo cute for Valentines! We are so glad that you linked up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". We hope you will come back next Saturday and share another great idea! -The Sisters

6. Alison @ Oopsey Daisy says

What a fun way to dress up a mirror! I've got to find some heart doilies–those are so, so cute! Great job Crystal!

7. Christine says

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wonder if I can find heart shaped doilies around here… ummmm….

Check out my blog too :)
    thediydreamer.blogspot.com