web analytics
Easter Egg Place Setting
How to make confetti eggs
Pan Roasted Chicken Recipe
Lavender Eggshell Candles
blueberry coffee cake

Love Canvas

Happy Friday my friends! Are you excited for the weekend? I’ve been busy planning two parties, a Super Bowl party and Valentine’s Day party next Saturday. Do you enjoy planning parties? I’ll admit they can be hectic and sometimes stressful. But it’s always fun getting together with family and friends.
With all the planning going on I haven’t had much time to finish my Valentine’s decor. My Valentine’s Day Garland has been pretty lonely the past few weeks. So last night I made a fun little canvas to add to our decor. The best part about this is that everything is completely removable. That way I can reuse the canvas if I want to.
To make this I took a strip of houndstooth glitter paper and a corner rounder punch. To adhere the strip I used glue dots. I then hot glued the ruffled ribbon onto the paper. The hearts were cut out using my Cricut in two different sizes and hot glued onto the ribbon. To finish it off I cut out the word love out of vinyl.
I LOVE everything about this canvas!
Houndstooth
Glitter
Pink
Ruffles
Hearts
It’s cute, simple, and girly..just my style!
If you follow me on Twitter then you may have seen the mess I made making this. Someone please tell me I’m not the only one with a kitchen counter like this?
Have a great weekend my friends! I’ll be back Monday with a Super Bowl party recap.
Linking up to these parties, TCB, Craft Envy

Comments

1. Daneilia @ Anchors Away says:

You are not alone when you make craft messes. Plus, L doesn't help :/ lol. But the canvas is cute ;)

2. LOVE IT! So cute and pretty! :)

3. My craft messes are RIDICULOUS, lol. I love the houndstooth pattern with the bright pink. This is very, very cute. Good luck with the party!

Gabby
    The…Late, Young Family

4. Katie {Sweet Rose Studio} says:

The girliness of this speaks straight to my heart. Love it!

5. Weekend-Windup says:

Looks Amazing…

Yes, arranging party might be stressful, but the joy it brings would be countless.

6. Crystal, this is so cute!! I love it! Just featured it as a latest find for valentine crafts at The Latest Find!
    Thanks so much for sharing how to make it, it's adorable! =)

7. Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper says:

How cute! Great job! I hope you will link up to my I Heart Projects Party if you haven't already.

8. Staying Crafty says:

Super cute! I love that you made it re-usable :) I enjoy decorating for the holidays, but I often hate the idea of storing too many decorations.

9. just tututiny says:

Stumbled upon your great blog and just wanted to leave a comment to invite you to visit my blog and enter my GIVEAWAY! Hope to see you soon =)
    Just Tututiny

10. Linda @ it all started with paint says:

Loving the removable/reusable idea …

I found you on Roeshel's/The DIY Showoff's new Linky Followers and am now following you too …

Linda
    itallstartedwithpaint@gmail.com

11. You had me at houndstooth. I LOVE everything about this (pun intended)! Would be delighted for you to link up to Mop It Up Mondays: http://www.ishouldbemoppingthefloor.com/2012/02/mop-it-up-mondays-party-2.html

{HUGS},
    kristi

12. debbiedoescreations says:

I love this! SO simple but elegant.

13. Rachel {BubblyNatureCreations.com} says:

This is so cute!!! I love it!

14. This is beautiful!

15. I'm featuring you this morning over on my blog. Loving your Valentine canvas! :)

Ginger @ gingersnapcrafts.com

16. So cute!

17. Jennifer @ Delightfully Noted says:

I love this! Not sure why I never thought of using pattern paper on canvas but it looks fab!

18. Totally LOVE this! I'll be featuring it on my blog on Saturday!

Sumo:)

19. Eva {Tales of the Scotts} says:

Really, really pretty! Pinning it! :-) And I'm a SUPER messy crafter too!! I have to pull out my crafting stuff whenever I want to "play" so that means my dining room table stays a mess for days. My poor hubby. :-)

20. The Wallace Family says:

I am a messy crafty and it drives me crazy! So I loved that picture…and your canvas is so pretty! I love the pink!!

21. Jenn Lifford says:

It looks great! Gotta love cute simple crafts! And, yes, I am a messy crafter too! :)

22. Alison @ Oopsey Daisy says:

Girl you've got skills!! I don't know what else to say. This entire thing is beautiful!! The houndstooth is perfect!

23. Christina May Andrews says:

I love this! It looks cute, easy, and it is removeable! Great Job!!

24. At first glance I thought this was a card. So glad I clicked on your thumbnail. What a gorgeous canvas!!!

25. I love anything on a canvas! So perfect for Valentine's! I'd love for you to submit this to the M&T Spotlight http://www.makeandtakes.com/spotlight

26. Michelle@Crazy For Crafts says:

VERY cute! And I'm so glad to see that I'm not the only messy crafter!

27. Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer says:

I seen the hounds-tooth and had to look. What a great idea that. I am also a very messy crafter. It just seems to be the way I roll! It's adorable and love that you can remove to repurpose to another project. Also love your Valentine Tea towels. I'll have to check out the target $ section. Thanks for sharing you creative inspiration at Sunday's Best. PS – now following you through Linky!

28. Kristopher Ellis says:

Of course, what a splendid blog and educative posts, I will bookmark your blog.Have an awsome day!
    IT:LCD:Thermo Scientific Nunc Nunclon Multidishes; 6 round walls; Culture area: 9.6cm2/well

29. I love this project! So simple, yet so eyecatching and gorgeous! {I'm a messy crafter too, so I appreciate your pic of your work in progress!} I'd be just thrilled if you'd share it here:

PS – I'm your newest Linky follower!

30. How pretty and sweet! I'd be thrilled if you'd come and share this (and any other projects you might like to show off) at the Head to Head Showdown link party! It's all happening right now at http://www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com ~Jen

31. Kaitlin Saenz says:

Love this canvas! Super cute!

I'd love it if you'd share this (and any other Valentine's day related posts) with my Valentine's Day Inspiration Party @ http://notsosimplehousewife.blogspot.com/2012/02/valentines-day-inspiration-needed-help.html

Kaitlin-The Not So Simple Housewife

32. How cute, such a pretty canvas. Would also look great on a card. Loving the bright pink with the black and white! And don't worry I don't think you are the only messy crafter out there you should see my room!

33. Oh my gosh this is so cute! And what a great idea. Just change it out for the next holiday!
    I too am a very messy crafter! I have all these little organizing bins but I usually end up having to organize the organizing bins!

34. This is SOOOO cute!!! I love the houndstooth too:-) Thank you so much for sharing on Trick or Treat Tuesday!!!

35. Very pretty card! I love it!
    I just started a new link party and would love if you would come on over and share your post or social media sites. http://designeddecor.com/talkin-about-thursday-link-party4/

DeDe@DesignedDecor