Living Room Makeover With #FreshAccents

Here in California it seems as if Winter skipped us this year. The nice weather has really put me in the mood to freshen up my home and makeover my living room. Like I mentioned yesterday, my living room has been pretty plain for the last 2 years and was in dire need of some accessorizing. I wanted something simple, fresh, with small pops of color.

Pin It

The first thing I did was head out to buy some new air fresheners. Because to me that’s the best way to freshen up my home without lighting candles all over the place. Toddlers and candles don’t mix well, so air fresheners are definitely the way to go. I wanted something sleek that didn’t look like a typical air freshener, something I could add into my decor. I printed this coupon from facebook for $1 off Renuzit #FreshAccents. You can get one too by sending a gorgeous greeting card.

By using the coupon my new freshener was only $0.76! I had another coupon for the adjustable cones so I picked up a few of those up as well. You can view my shopping trip on Google +.

What I love about the new Fresh Accents fresheners is that they’re so stylish and smell great! I bought one in Raspberry and one in After The Rain. When my husband came home from work he asked “what’s smells nice?” He hardly ever notices things like that so I know these fresheners are doing their job. :)

Finding pillows was the hardest. Am I the only one who thinks spending
$30-40 on a pillow is crazy? Anything I semi liked cost that much for
ONE pillow. I chose to go the DIY route and make my own pillow
slipcovers. This way I could choose the perfect fabric and only pay a
fraction of what one pillow would have cost me. It’s a win-win!

This was my first time making pillow slipcovers, I can’t believe I
haven’t tried making them before. I love the way they came out! It’s a
simple envelope style slipcover that can be easily washed. I like how
the teal ikat fabric contrast against the yellow floral fabric. This was
a great way to add color to our dark couch.

The Canvas I found at Target and the sconces at Hobby Lobby ($12.50
each). The size is a little more appropriate for the large wall don’t
you think? I may add more to it later but for now this is a big
improvement from what we had before.

What’s a little Spring decor without fresh flowers? I picked up a bundle
for $3 at my local grocery store. Again, the yellow is the perfect
amount of color that I was going for in my decor. The wreath was a
pinterest inspired find from Tatertots & Jello. More details on that
soon!

See how well the freshener blends in with my decor? It’s reversible too so there’s two different designs to choose from.

The little ceramic birds were $1.50 each at Michael’s. The topiary,
yellow hydrangeas, teal vase, and bird cage are also from Michael’s.

Do you remember my Halloween Advent Calendar? This is the same tray I used. I love reusing supplies throughout the year!
How do you freshen up your home for Spring? Do you like changing your decor for each season or keep it the same throughout the year?
To learn more about Renuzit Fresh Accents visit their
Linking up the these parties, TCB Home Stories A2Z
This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias. #CBias. All pictures and opinions are my own.

Comments

Fabulous!!! I love the wreath… I mean love love it!!! :) The pillows are very pretty too! I made my own too because I just can’t spend that much on them… The other two pillows I bought at $15.00 for the pair! :)

Beautiful colors and decor. Love the bird cage. I just started a Spring Contest at Bacon Time. You are welcome to link up for a chance to win.

I love the blues and yellows. Where did you find that fabric? It’s beautiful! I love that it’s not too girlie!!! Thanks so much for sharing it looks great!!! You should post a tutorial on the slip cover.

Your mantel looks very fresh and fun! My favourite part is definitely the bird cage. I was debating on whether to get one yesterday and now I’m regretting walking away!

I seem to keep checking out your projects at link parties each week so I’m now going to follow your blog :)

Claire @ alittlesomethinginthemeantime.blogspot.com

It looks beautiful! I love blue and yellow together, it makes everything look so fresh and clean! I also switch out my scents with the season. I’m a candle loving girl, but I recently bought 2 Scentsy plugins and they are my new best friends ;) I popped over from “Simply Designing,” come say hello sometime (and I’m your newest follower)

I do like to freshen up for spring. Love the picture . The fresh flowers are amazing. I love incorporating flowers into my decor. Please stop btymy blog, First Come Flowers which has plenty of idea I think you might enjoy.

I love it! its so fresh! The bird cage is my favorite part! Im your newest follower! Feel free to come by my blog and check it!

Stefanie

myblissfulhappiness.blogspot.com

I really like the blue and yellows together in your pillows. Great spring inspiration. I also love your birdcage and birdie inside. It’s great directing for spring! Yours looks lovely. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday’s Best!

Everything looks so cute and ready for spring! Thanks for being a part of our “Strut Your Stuff Saturday.” We loved having you and hope you’ll be back! -The Sisters

Love those colors! The yellow and turquiose look wonderful together. A friend bought me a birdcage for a wedding gift. I had NO idea what to do with it so I hang it in my closet to store unmentionables that don’t need an iron.

So many things I adore in your spring fresh up! The colors are wonderful. And your pillows came out beautifully! I really like the fabrics you used. Your moss wreath makes me want to make another one! Ours got tossed a while back after much shedding, but now I miss it! I really like the turquoise vase and all the little birds as well. Happy Spring!

Makes me want to do some spring cleaning and start a project too! Love the wreath and glad to have found your creative spot on the web. Happy Wednesday:D

I’m loving the teal and yellow color combo! The bird cage with the grass and eggs is too cute. I just bought one that is very similar to that at Hobby Lobby!