Pretty Gift Boxes

I know you’re waiting on pins and needles to hear all about my trip to New York and how I spent the day with Sandra Lee, don’t worry the post will be up tomorrow. ;) But first let me start off by saying iPhoto is officially back on my computer..yay!! As a blogger my life is so much easier now because of it (thank you for your kind words of encouragement, I’m really glad I didn’t lose all those pictures). I’m now ready to get back to sharing tutorials with you and show you all the pictures I took in NYC. I’ll start off the craftiness by showing you a cute and easy gift box idea.

A few weeks ago I came across these cute little favor boxes at the Target dollar section (are you surprised? I tell ya..it’s a problem). At first I walked past them since I technically didn’t have a use for them at the time. But as I walked around the store I kept thinking about them and I knew I had to go back for a few packs. I’ve thought of a few uses for them and I’m actually hoping I can find more next time I’m at Target. There are three in a pack and are easy to assemble. These can be used as Mother’s Day gifts, party favors, teacher gifts, thank you gifts, really for any occasion you’d like.

I’m making these as thank you gifts. I have a lot of people to thank lately and what better way to say it than with a pretty little box filled with chocolate and peanut butter chip cookies.

To embellished them I took a strip of scrapbook paper 1.25 inch wide. I adhered it to the box using an Elmer’s X-TREME glue stick (can you tell I love this stuff? If you haven’t tried it, do it I promise you’ll love it as well). I then cut a flower using my silhouette cameo and glued it on using an Elmer’s glue spot. The center is an adhesive pearl I found at Michaels. Pretty easy right? The possibilities are endless with these cute little boxes. I’m hoping to find more for my son’s first birthday (we’re undecided on the theme but so far it’s between a goldfish and cookie monster theme).

Thanks for stopping by. Come back tomorrow to see pictures from my trip to NYC!

Linking up to these parties, TCB, My Repurposed Life, Home Stories A2Z.

Comments

good to see you back, Crystal.

why didn’t my dollar section have these??? i would have stocked up as well…

looks like you busted out the Cameo. still haven’t used mine. it’s may. bought it in february…lol…

hope you are well. nyc looked fun, huh?

• says

I did bust out the cameo! lol Isn’t it funny how we want something for so long then we barely use it once we have it? Or in your case, not at all. :) NYC was fun but I really missed my family. We’re going to Chicago for 5 days next week, I’m excited to experience that as a family. You’ll have to let me know what’s a great place to visit with the kids.

What a sweet neat idea for Mothers Day, Anyday, Faters Day deco. with a flower &/or colf club, fish pole etc.Thanks Ive been gone a few days so I’ll read later about nN.Y & Sandra Lee. Have a lot of book, mags.

VERY cute. Will try Elmer’s Xtreme and will look through your blog for more on the Silhouette–I think I want one, but not sure what all it does/how I’d use it. :) Following you now; hope you’ll visit back. Here from Show and Tell Saturday. ~Zuni

The Dollar Spot at Target is amazing! I’ll have to keep my eyes out for these boxes next time I’m there. I love how you decorated them.

I’m proud to say I’m hoarding 6 of these 3 packs! I bought 2 packs used them up and loved them so much went back to Target to snag the last 6! Serious great deal, heavy Kraft paper boxes @ 3/$1!!! I would of paid $1 each! Holly :-)

Hiya… you these are so cute and personalised that I would be over the moon to receive from someone. beautiful.
    I’ve been making handmade coasters for a birthday present lately but these are great also as Mothers Day gifts too !
    I would love it if you would check them out and also consider linking up with my LINKY PARTY for all crafters, bakers, DIYers. I love showcasing bloggers talent. It starts every Sunday! Hop on over and say hi. :-)
    Jennie. xx

Oooh…I hope they have these boxes at my Target. I have a birthday party coming up and these would be perfect. You made them look adorable!
    Blythe