With Easter quickly approaching I’m ready to dive into Easter crafts and recipes. Holidays are always fun for our family and there are sweet memories being made with each year that passes. My contribution to every holiday meal is dessert, its pretty much expected at this point. That being said I’m always looking for new Easter baking ideas and sometimes I get inspiration from baking supplies I find.
Last week I headed to World Market for a few Easter baking supplies and was thrilled with what I found. If you haven’t visited a World Market you are missing out! I love everything they carry and always have to watch my wallet when I walk into the store. Its that awesome!
When you think of World Market cute trendy furniture and home decor accessories probably come to mind first, but did you know they offer baking supplies as well? Check out what I found for our Easter celebration….
I’m in LOVE with the cute measuring spoons and matching measuring cups I found in pretty Spring colors. I’m equally in love with my new slate cheese board..perfect for displaying party food on! They even had cute gift wrapping supplies for baked goods like those polka dot blue bread carriers and floral treat boxes. Then of course I had to get the kids some Easter baking candy for cupcakes. On top of all that I found baking mixes to make dessert quick and easy if you’re in a rush. I picked up a box of carrot cupcake mix and a lemon bar mix.
For the cupcakes I used the mix then made my own cream cheese frosting and the kit included orange sprinkles to decorate the cupcakes with.
1 box of carrot cupcake mix found at World Market
3 tbsp butter, softened
1/4 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin pan with cupcake liners.
2. Combine cupcake mix, butter, water, and egg.
3. Pour batter into lined muffin cups. Bake 16-18 minutes.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups confectioners sugar
1. Mix cream cheese and butter for 3-5 minutes until light and fluffy.
2. Add in vanilla extra until fully combined.
3. Slowly incorporate confectioners sugar into mix. Spread or pipe frosting on cupcakes.
1 box of Lemon Bar mix found at World Market
1/4 cup water
6 tbsp cold butter
1. Combine lemon bar mix, eggs, and water for 2 minutes; set aside.
For the crust:
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees; grease an 8×8 inch pan.
2. Combine butter and crust mix until small crumbs form.
3. Press crust into pan and bake for 8 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Add lemon bar filling onto crust. Bake for 22-24 minutes.
5. Allow lemon bars to cool then cut and top with powdered sugar.
Connect with World Market on:
Also be sure to check out the Great and Powerful Sweepstakes presented by World Market
>>>Win wondrous prizes and celebrate a world of adventure.
Enter to win the grand prize package:
>* Private movie screening for you and 50 friends of OZ The Great and Powerful
>* Free IMAX Movie Tickets for a Year
>* $1,000 World Market gift card
- Plus, 3 first prizes: $500 World Market gift card
- Enter online at worldmarketsweepstakes.com
* Disney’s OZ The Great and Powerful in Theaters March 8, 2013. Experience it in IMAX 3D Movie Trailer
What are some of your favorite Easter recipes?
Thanks for stopping by!
This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group™ and World Market, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #WorldMarket. Disclosure