DIY Beauty and the Beast bath bomb – how to make bath bombs inspired by Beauty & the beast and the enchanted rose.Happy Friday, friends! I’m so excited to share today’s post with you. In just 2 short weeks Beauty and the Beast is out in theaters and I can’t wait to watch the remake of my favorite childhood movie. I’ve always admired Belle as a princess and I’m so happy to see my daughter consider her one of her favorites, too. We’re headed to Disneyland this weekend and I’m excited to visit the new Red Rose Taverne inspired by the movie. Follow our adventures on Instagram to see what Beauty and the Beast treats we find. But first let’s talk about this Beauty and the Beast bath bomb and a $100 Fandango giveaway!This bath bomb tutorial is very similar to my lemon bath bomb. I used lemon essential oil and an icing decoration for the center. To add color, I used a few drops of yellow food dye. Soap pigment would also work. Note: the icing decoration can be removed from the bath tub once the bath bomb has fizzled. The rose shape is a little tricky but just make sure to let the bath bomb dry overnight before removing from the mold. I’ve included Amazon affiliate links below to the products I used.
Beauty and the Beast Bath Bomb
You can watch my video tutorial on how to make bath bombs below. This is my overall go-to recipe and you can easily modify it with a variety of colors and decorations. For more FAQ’s visit my HOW TO MAKE BATH BOMBS tutorial.
- 1 cup baking soda
- ½ cup citric acid
- ½ cup corn starch
- 3 tbsp Epsom salt
- 3 tsp coconut oil, melted
- Yellow food coloring or soap dye
- Small spray bottle of Witch Hazel
- 15 drop of lemon essential oil
- Rose icing decoration
- In a large bowl combine baking soda, citric acid, cornstarch and Epsom salt.
- Pour in melted coconut oil, lemon essential oil and food coloring. Mix until well combined.
- Lightly spray witch hazel a few times until you can gather the mix in your fist and it holds its shape. If it easily falls apart then you might need 1-3 more sprays of witch hazel. Avoid spraying too much or your mix will start fizzing. You only need enough to slightly dampen the mix.
- Place rose icing decoration in on half of your mold.
- Press the mix into your mold and allow them to set for at least one hour, or until dry, before removing.
A few friends and I thought it would be fun to share some Beauty and the Beast ideas as part of a blog hop. We’re all very excited about the new movie and we wanted to give one lucky reader a chance to take their family to watch the movie with a $100 Fandango gift card! This giveaway is sponsored by the following bloggers, so please visit each link to see their amazing Beauty and the Beast inspired ideas.
Beauty and the Beast Bath Bomb from A Pumpkin & A Princess
Beauty and the Beast Cupcakes from Cupcake Diaries
DIY Enchanted Rose T-Shirt from A girl and a glue gun
Vanilla Rose Salt Scrub from Girl Loves Glam
DIY Lip Gloss from My Sister’s Suitcase
Beauty and the Beast Cookies from A Pumpkin & A Princess
To enter use the Rafflecopter below. You can earn extra entries by pinning the collage image of our projects once a day. Giveaway ends 3/10/17 and winner will be notified vie email. Winner must reply within 48 hours.