How to make Beauty and the Beast slime – this glitter slime recipe makes a great Beauty and the Beast party favor or boredom buster idea for kids!
This post contains affiliate links
It’s here! The long awaited release of Beauty and the Beast hits theaters today and we couldn’t be more excited! I remember when I shared our Beauty and the Beast pumpkin I thought March was so far away. Now the time has come and we’re headed to the movies today to watch my favorite Disney movie come to life in the new live-action film. With all the excitement for the movie going around, I’ve been inspired to make Beauty and the Beast crafts to share with you guys. My daughter wants it to be her birthday party theme this year so I’m excited to come up with more ideas in the coming months. Today I’m sharing this Beauty and the Beast slime we recently made. It’s great as a boredom buster or party favor.
If you’ve tried any of our previous slime recipes in the past you know that I typically make slime with Borax. This time around I wanted to try using liquid starch and it may just be my new favorite method to use, especially when using clear glue. In the past I’ve had trouble finding the right consistency with clear or glitter glue when using Borax. The liquid starch makes it a lot easier and the slime is the perfect consistency. Now I will say that it really depends on what you feel is best for your kids. Mine are old enough to know not to put slime in their mouth and can safely play with it.
- 1 cup clear glue
- ¼ - ½ cup Liquid Starch
- Fine and chunky glitter
- 1-2 drops yellow food dye (optional)
- Combine clear glue and glitter (and dye if using). Stir until glitter is evenly distributed.
- Slowly add liquid starch a few tablespoons at a time. Stir after each pour of liquid starch and mix until well combined. Keep adding starch until you find a good consistency for the slime. I typically use ¼ - ½ cup but you could use up to ⅓. The more starch you use the harder the slime will be.
- Add chunky glitter and mix it into the slime with your hands.
- Store in an airtight container.
Beauty and the Beast Slime
More Beauty and the Beast ideas: