Buffalo Chicken Bites – a twist on the classic buffalo chicken dip appetizer.
There are so many reasons to love fall. Sweaters, boots, cooler weather, beautiful leaves, making our favorite soups, and of course football! This year my oldest is playing on a youth football team for the first time. It’s been a little nerve-wracking seeing him out there, but exciting to see him try something he loves. While our schedule is filled with sports on Saturday, Sunday is for resting and watching football all afternoon. That’s where appetizers come in. My boys love snacking while they watch the game and I enjoy finding new ways to switch up our favorite appetizer recipes every week. Today I’m partnering with Foster Farms to share a twist on a classic football appetizer recipe. These Buffalo Chicken Bites are great for parties and also snacking while watching your favorite team play.
If you have ever searched appetizer recipes you more than likely have come across a recipe for buffalo chicken dip. Buffalo chicken dip is always a crowd pleaser. It’s quick, easy and delicious! I’ve been making the dip for years and wanted to find a way to switch things up and try to find ways to lighten up recipe. Using locally grown in the Central Valley, Simply Raised Chicken Breast I added reduced fat ingredients and turned the dip into bite size appetizers using mini fillo shells.
Buffalo Chicken Bites
Buffalo Chicken Bites
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast shredded
- 2 tablespoons dry ranch dressing mix
- 1/3-1/2 cup Buffalo sauce
- 8 ounces reduced-fat whipped cream cheese
- 6 ounces Greek fat free plain yogurt
- ¼ cup low-fat mozzarella cheese shredded
- ½ cup celery finely chopped
- 30 mini fillo shells 2 boxes
- optional: garnish with reduced-fat blue cheese crumbles
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, ranch dressing mix, sauce, cream cheese, yogurt, mozzarella and chopped celery.
- Fill each fillo shell with about 1 teaspoon of the buffalo dip mix. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until shells are golden brown.
- Garnish with blue cheese crumbles.
This recipe is quickly becoming a family favorite! Using alternative ingredients to lighten up the recipe and fresh, locally grown chicken is a great way to enjoy our favorite comfort foods. We were excited to partner with Foster Farms to support their initiative of embracing the New Comfort Food evolution. Foster Farms is also committed to providing high-quality poultry since 1939. Their Simply Raised chicken is grown without antibiotics, hormones, steroids, and fed a 100% vegetarian diet. It’s our favorite chicken to use in our Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe. In the upcoming weeks I plan to share new fall comfort food recipes, including more soup recipes, with you guys. I’m just so excited that the weather is starting to cool down and it’s starting to feel like fall!
What are some of your favorite appetizers to enjoy while watching the game?
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Foster Farms Simply Raised Chicken