Chewy, fudge-like brownies with a Milky Way surprise inside. This fudgy brownie recipe is filled with Milky Way bites and a caramel topping.
There are so many wonderful things about Fall. The weather, the beautiful colors, football, and of course baking season. I don’t have a favorite football team nor have I ever been tailgating but I know that if I ever do brownies will be part of the experience. Brownies are perfect for tailgating because they’re easy to travel with and can be sliced to accommodate a large group. Lately I’ve been finding my husband and oldest son hanging out on the couch on Sunday afternoons watching football. It’s fun seeing them bond over something that is perfect for them. The little guy is usually napping, so the little miss and I go do our own thing..it’s just the two guys, watching the game! My oldest is at an age where he’s expressing interest in playing next year, so he’s learning as much as he can from this.
Milky Way Brownies
While they watched the games on Sunday I made Milky Way Brownies that are filled with Milky Way unwrapped bites. These “bites” get me in trouble, especially the Snickers bites! It’s so hard to stop eating them, but I’m not complaining! I picked up a bag of Milky Way and Snickers bites at Walmart and to avoid eating the whole bag I used them to bake with. Because everyone loves a little candy in their baked goods, right? The answer is yes, treats are ten times better with a hidden Milky Way or Snickers inside. Speaking of Snickers bites I have a fun treat to share with you next week…trust me you’ll need this one!
Fudgy Milky Way Brownies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup Milky Way Bites cut in half
- Optional Caramel Topping
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare 8x8 or 9x9 inch pan with parchment paper and lightly grease. In a medium saucepan melt butter and unsweetened chocolate. Remove from heat; cool.
- Stir sugar into cooled chocolate. Add eggs, one at a time. Stir in vanilla and mix until well combined.
- In a small bowl stir four and baking soda together, add to chocolate mixture. Add chopped Milky Way bites into batter.
- Spread batter into prepared pan, bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow brownies to cool, then add caramel topping if desired.
- For the caramel topping:
- In a small saucepan heat sugars, butter, and evaporated milk until boiling. Stir constantly for 2-3 minutes until sauce thickens. Stir in vanilla. Pour over cooled brownies and allow caramel to set for 10-15 minutes before cutting.