One-Pot Sausage Penne Pasta – a quick one-pot meal made with Barilla Pronto pasta, smoked sausage, mushrooms, garlic, onions, and tomatoes. This recipe will help make simplify dinnertime and lessen the mess in the kitchen with the use of only one pan.
As moms, we take on many roles in our everyday lives. We’re cooks, housekeepers, taxi drivers, bedtime storytellers, and more. With three kids of my own I keep thinking that the older they get the easier things will be. Maybe what I mean is that I keep thinking things will calm down a bit, but life has proven that’s not the case. I was naïve to think my days would be peachy as soon as my last baby started school. I mean, all three kids will be in school…everything will be SO much easier! Right? Yeah no, that’s not the case at all. If anything, I’ve become even busier than I was before. Over the last few weeks in particular I’ve noticed how much I’m running back and forth between school, ballet, soccer, and play dates. The other day I sat in my car waiting for my daughter to get out of school and I thought to myself “when will things slow down?” Then I realized that even though my days are always busy, I like being busy. I like that I have little ones to drive around, cook for, and help with homework. One day this season of my life will be over and they’ll become a little more independent and my days won’t be filled with these everyday task. So for now I shall count my blessings and enjoy the madness while I can. In the meantime I’ll take every little bit of help where I can. One-pot meals? That’s what a busy mom like me can get onboard with.
This one-pot recipe has quickly become a family-favorite. It’s made with ground beef and smoked sausage in a tomato sauce. My favorite part about this dish is that you can cook everything in one pan. There’s no need for extra dishes and a bigger mess to clean up. You simply cook the sausage then add in the rest of the ingredients to simmer in the sauce. Once your pasta is tender, remove from the heat and top with cheese.
One-Pot Sausage Penne
- 1 pound smoked sausage
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 2 cups mushrooms sliced
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cans 14.5 oz. each no-salt added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar 24 oz. spaghetti sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 box Barilla Pronto penne pasta
- 1 cup shredded cheese Cheddar, Colby or Monterey Jack
- 2 tablespoons green onion chopped
- Cook smoked sausage in large deep skillet. Remove sausage from Skillet.
- Add ground beef, mushrooms, onions and garlic to skillet. Cook until ground beef if browned.
- Add sausage, tomatoes, spaghetti sauce and water to skillet. Cover and bring to boil.
- Stir in pasta; cover and simmer on medium-low for 20 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat; top with cheese and green onions.
We like to use the Barilla Pronto pasta in our one-pot meals. The pasta cooks quickly and you can create meals that only need one pan to cook everything in, saving you time and energy.
What are some of your favorite time-saving recipes?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Barilla®. The opinions and text are all mine.