Chocolate covered peppermint patties popcorn.
You may have noticed that we love chocolate covered popcorn around here. We combine chocolate covered popcorn with every candy imaginable during our Friday movie nights. Last week Jay requested peppermint popcorn, which is always our go-to choice during the holidays. It was a little unexpected but I couldn’t deny the boy his love for peppermint. The popcorn we made for the movie night is covered in chocolate that has been infused with peppermint extract. In addition to the peppermint extract I tossed in chopped up YORK MINIS peppermint patties. Mmmm…I love York peppermint patties! They’re the perfect combo with the popcorn.
Chocolate Covered Popcorn
This recipe, along with all of our other chocolate covered popcorn recipes, is easy to make with only a few ingredients needed. It’s simply dark or semi-sweet chocolate that has been melted over a double boiler. I then add peppermint extract into the chocolate to increase the peppermint flavor in every bite. To top it off I toss in chopped peppermint patties on the chocolate covered popcorn then let the chocolate set before eating. It can get messy if it’s warm, but the messy fingers are so worth it!
Peppermint Patties Popcorn Recipe
Peppermint Patty Popcorn
- 6-7 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 3/4 cup York Minis chopped
- Pop popcorn and spread over a wax covered baking sheet.
- Melt chocolate over double boiler on low heat.
- Once chocolate is completely melted stir in peppermint extract.
- Drizzle chocolate over popcorn and toss York peppermint patties that have been cut in half or fourths.
- Allow chocolate to set at room temperature or place in refrigerator for 5 minutes.
We are loving all the new minis candy bags. They’re great for tossing into popcorn, cookies or brownies. I can’t wait to mix these York Minis into brownies. They’re definitely going on my homemade gift list this year for Christmas.
Thanks for stopping by!