Triple Chocolate Mint Brownies with a mint cream filling and a ganache topping.
My ultimate favorite dessert has to be double chocolate brownies. There’s something so sinfully comforting about brownies. They’re perfect for every occasion too; whether it’s for a party, school function, or to satisfy a weekend dessert craving. While I love a simple brownie recipe, I also enjoy a variety of brownie recipes with fillings and toppings. This triple chocolate mint brownie recipe was a recent request by my oldest who happens to like all things mint. He’s also the inspirition behind the Mint Ice Cream Cupcakes.
So the other day I had a conversation with the kids about our favorite desserts and we agreed to try new recipes on the weekends. We have an ongoing list of dessert recipes we want to try and endless books and magazines to draw inspiration from. We thought we’d make a fun game out of it by having the child who suggested the recipe make it with me then everyone gets to rate it. Of course this gives me an excuse to create a memory book (gotta get my paper crafting in somehow). Each child will take a picture with their dessert and we’ll slowly build a recipe/memory book out of it. I have to say I can’t wait to write down what my 2 1/2 year old has to say about the recipes. He has the best responses to the food and I know this will make a funny memory years down the road. :) I’ll try to have a monthly recap of our recipe adventures, with hopefully a lot of new favorite dessert recipes to share and the children’s critiques.
This brownie recipe is semi-homemade using Ghiradelli triple chocolate brownie mix. I buy this stuff in bulk at Costco. It’s our favorite brownie mix, especially with those chocolate chunks in the batter..mmmm. So not only do you get your chocolate fix with the brownie there’s also chocolate chunks inside the batter and a chocolate ganache topping.
Triple Chocolate Mint Brownies
- Ghirardelli triple chocolate brownie mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup water
- Mint Creme Filling:
- 2 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 3 tbsp whipping cream
- 3 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp mint extract
- 4-6 drops green food coloring
- Chocolate ganache topping:
- 1/3 c whipping cream
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 325; line 8x11 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Combine brownie mix, egg, water, and oil. Bake 40-45 mins, or according to package directions.
- Cool brownies.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer with the paddle attachment combine butter and cream cheese. Add whipping cream, mint extract, and food coloring.
- Slowly add powdered sugar until well combined.
- Spread over cooled brownies and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a small saucepan melt chocolate chips, whipping cream, and butter together. Pour over brownies, return to refrigerator for 1-2 hours or until chocolate has set.