Pumpkin Candles Revisited

I’m revisiting the pumpkin candles I made last year.  My blog was just starting out when I posted them so I thought I’d reshare them since I will be making them again this year. They’re my knockoff version of Pottery Barn’s pumpkin candles and so easy to make.
Pumpkin Tea Lights
 I simply traced a tea light and used a small knife to cut the hole but you could also use a drill (definitely on my wish list)
 These candles are perfect for a fall centerpiece. Plus you can’t beat the price of 3 for $1
Pumpkin Tea Lights
This year I’m thinking of adding white pumpkins to the mix. I’m getting anxious for our pumpkin patch trip, it’s one of my favorite yearly activities to do with the kids. So tell me, have you tried making these before? I’d love to see them!
Please visit my party tab to see where I’m linking up to.
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you’re having a fabulous week!

Comments

1. Patricia Torres says

What a fabulous idea.. Totally loved this.. I'm now following you.. and hope you come visit me at Colours Dekor.. :-)

2. Eschelle says

I soo want to do this… alas our october budget is non-existent until i can land some new daycare clients!! I am sooo keeping this on hand though… can't hurt to be hopeful lol!

3. Rachel says

So adorable! I remember doing something similar for our Thanksgiving table when I was a teenager, but we used apples instead of pumpkins. It looks so festive and pretty!

4. The Loops says

This is a great idea. I think white would look great. Or maybe black glitter? Clearly I am anxiously awaiting Halloween!

5. Randi says

Very cute! I'll have to try this idea. Do you know how long they last before they get mushy? I like to have pumpkins out for about 2 months…all of October & November!

6. Amanda @ Little House on the Corner says

Oh my gosh, these are too cute!! I might have to try this. I think the white ones would look great!

7. Katie says

thank you for reposting–what a beautiful, smart project! i will definitely be incorporating this diy for fall decor :)

have a great weekend!

katie@little things bring smiles

8. Angie K. says

Adorable – thx for sharing! I wonder if those carvable pumpkins at the Dollar Tree would work as well – and you wouldn't have to worry about them getting mushy.

9. Erin @ His and Hers says

These are so cute, and so simple! Love the white pumpkin idea. I might have to try them, especially because, like you said, they'd be so inexpensive! :)

10. Jamie @ Day and Age Design says

Hi I found you via TT&J and adore your idea! It's so cute and so simple! I would love if you would stop by and link up your project at the Social Saturdays link party!

Jamie
    day-and-age-design.com

11. Sarah says

Love this! Before I even scrolled down to read the rest of the post I was thinking that these would be stunning in white! Thanks for sharing…great idea I am going to have to try!

12. Honey at 2805 says

You pumpkin candels are an adorable idea. I would be delighted for your to link to Potpourri Friday (in progress) and giveaway!

13. Liz @ thequickjourney.blogspot.com says

I've seen these and I love them!!! How long do they last once you cut into them? Super cute… hopping over from I {heart} naptime. Thanks for sharing!!!

14. Pati @ A Crafty Escape says

These are amazing… I am definitely adding them to my center pieces. I'd also like to know how long they last.

15. Jamie @ Day and Age Design says

I am so glad that you responded to my invite!

I am featuring your pumpkin candle holders in my first-day-of-fall compilation for Social Saturdays! Thank you so much for linking up and sharing last week. I hope to see you again at this week's party! :)

Jamie
    day-and-age-design.com

16. Heather @ 3 kids and lots of pigs says

Getting ready to make these right now. Thanks for sharing. I found them on Pinterest.

Happy Thanksgiving!

17. barbara says

I’ve already recreated this thank you but was wondering if the heat from the candle melt the pumpkin since they are plastic and all? just wondering before I light them.