HALLOWEEN MUDDY BUDDIES – looking for an easy Halloween treat? This muddy buddies recipe is great for a Halloween party or spooky movie night!
The countdown is on! Halloween will be here in less than two weeks. Can you believe that? I say it every year but this year has truly flown by. Fall is also quickly passing by. We recently took our annual trip to Apple Hill in Northern California to go apple picking and consume copious amounts of apple donuts. A couple of trips to the pumpkin have been checked off our fall bucket list and now we enjoy the next couple weeks until Halloween. Then the holiday madness begins! But let’s not get ahead of ourselves just yet because today I’m sharing another Halloween treat. These Halloween Muddy Buddies are great for parties and to enjoy while watching your favorite Halloween movies.This recipe is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth! The peanut butter & chocolate muddy buddies are combined with candy corn Hershey’s pieces, orange Twix, sprinkles, edible eyeballs and skull licorice. Note: I made this recipe last year and realized I never shared it with you guys. I found the skull licorice at Target, but you can use sprinkles or make your own chocolate skulls if you have trouble finding them. I’ll include some Amazon affiliate links below.
Halloween Muddy Buddies
- 9 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup Kit Kats, cut into small pieces
- ½ cup candy corn Hershey’s, fun size
- candy skulls
- edible eyeballs
- In a large bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter for 1 minute; stir. Return to microwave for 30 seconds or until mixture is smooth.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Combine chocolate mixture with Chex cereal. Stir until evenly coated.
- Combine cereal and powdered sugar; mix until well coated.
- Add candy, sprinkles and eyeballs.
- Store in airtight container
More Halloween Ideas: