Quick last-minute gift idea – peppermint brownies mason jar gifts.
Mason Jar Gifts
Mason jar gifts have been quite popular over the last few years. They work for just about every occasion you can think of. Whether it’s a birthday, holiday gift, or pampering spa gift, the possibilities are endless when creating a mason jar gift. I typically use mason jars to make sugar scrub and bath salts gifts for Christmas. They’re really simple and versatile – simply add a tag, ribbon and you’re done! This year I ventured out into making a few peppermint brownies mason jar gifts. These are great for co-workers or neighbor gifts and take less than 10 minutes to put together. Quick and easy is definitely what I lean towards when the holiday season gets busy, especially now with only 8 days until Christmas. If you’re like me and need to make a few last-minute gifts then I’m happy you’re here. Today I’m partnering with Ball to share a peppermint brownie recipe using quart mason jars and printable gift tags.
Mason Jar Brownies
When I had this idea in mind I considered my options on how this recipe would fit in the jar. After a few attempts I found that our favorite brownie recipes didn’t fit in the jar very well. After a little online searching I found that Nestle had a brownie recipe that fit in a large quart mason jar. I adapted the recipe to include the peppermint Andes baking chips. In my first attempt I found that the recipe didn’t fit so I played around with the layers and made sure to really compact everything in. Use a cup or other kitchen item to pack in each layer tightly, this will ensure everything fits perfectly.
Peppermint Brownies Mason Jar Gifts
- 1 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Andes peppermint baking chips
- Additional ingredients:
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Layer granulated sugar, cocoa powder (wipe the inside of the jar after the cocoa layer), then flour mixture.
- Add baking ships and chocolate chips on top.
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease 13x9-inch pan.
- Mix brownie mix with wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Spread into prepared baking pan. Bake for 18-25 minutes.
Here are a few more of my favorite gift ideas using mason jars:
This post was written in partnership with Ball.