Popsicle Stick Flags

Story book theme didn’t go as planned, mid week we decided to switch to a 4th of July theme. I have a list of quick, easy, and fun patriotic crafts and recipes that we’re still working on. This has been one of their favorites.
I had Jay paint the sticks white and red. Once they dried we glued them onto cardstock.
I didn’t get a picture but I taped off a square on the left hand corner and had them paint it blue. I then gave them strips of rhinestones to use as the “stars”
At the last minute we decided to glue magnets on the back and we had an easy and festive flag magnet
Also, I am happy to say that I finally have a button and facebook page. I’d love for you to follow along. I’ll be posting sneak peeks of current projects, featuring awesome crafts I find around blogland, and well…being social :)

Comments

1. Rachel@I Heart Crafty Things says

Hi, I'm a new follower. I found your link from the Keep it Simple Link Party. I love your blog and I adore this idea. I will definitely have to do this with my kids. We've been doing some July 4th crafts at our house too. I hope you'll stop by to say hello and follow back. :)

2. Brooke Anna @ Mommy Does... says

I like this idea! It would be great for when I begin teaching!
    I would love for you to visit my blog, Mommy Does… and check out my Crafts tab! I also share recipes!

3. Camille says

Thank you so much for sharing this! I have been looking for a craft to do with 8 year old girls and this is perfect! I am your newest follower and would love to have you follow back if you would like to!
    Camille @
    SixSistersStuff.blogspot.com

4. Terra H. says

Good morning! I'm a new follower via the blog hop. Looks like your kids enjoyed making the popsicle flags. We made something similar for Kid's Craft Day at the campground. They are fairly simple to make and a cute decoration for the 4th of July.

5. Dee - WishfulMe says

I am pinning this to my Pinterest account! SO CUTE! This will be perfect for next week to prepare for 4th of July…. and a great excuse to visit a craft store too. Hehehe…

6. http://livingatthewhiteheadszoo.blogspot.com/ says

These turned out great. Just shared it on facebook and twitter and am a new follower.

7. Laura Ingalls Gunn says

What an absolutely adorable DIY! Well done.

I hope that you will stop by and enter my giveaway.

Happy Monday!