Valentine’s Day Towels

Valentine's Day crafts
If there’s one thing that I can’t do it’s walk past the dollar section at Target without stopping. There’s always something new I just have to see. So when I recently came across these rick rack towels I knew I had to get them. They were cute to begin with but a little embellishing turned them into adorable Valentine’s Day towels.
These were so incredibly easy to make. All I did was sew on some ruffled jersey knit fabric and applique a heart on each one.
Instead of running to the store for light pink thread to match the heart, I just used no-sew heat n bond. I’ve had pretty good luck with it on shirts so I’m hoping it holds up well.
Pretty easy transformation isn’t it? These towels are so girly and I’m totally loving the rick rack. Not sure why the ruffles look red but they’re actually hot pink.
ruffles
Thanks for stopping by! I’ll be back tomorrow with a Valentine’s Day treat.
Pin It

Linking up to these parties, TCB, Craft Envy

Comments

1. Gayle Page-Robak says

I love your tea towels, they are so bright and cheery. What a lovely transformation. The nicest thing about hearts is that you are able to use them anytime. Thanks for sharing. I am now a follower of your blog and look forward to return visits. I invite you to join me as well on my blog at http://atastefultouch.blogspot.com
    Hugs, Gayle.

2. Alison @ Oopsey Daisy says

Crystal, these are adorable! I'm with you–I can't resist the Target dollar section. I love how you embellished these! Fabulous job my friend!

3. Aimee - ItsOverflowing.com says

This is SUPER CUTE!!! I'd love for you to come share it at my party, Overflowing with Creativity! The party just began!!! Thanks LOTS!!! XO, Aimee

4. Frazzled Mom of Five says

I found you over from NightOwl! I love these vday towels!!!
    Super Excited- I got to be your 1000th follower!! CONGRATS!!!
    ~Jen (bjcnemom) @ hutchinsonherd.blogspot.com

5. AmieAnn says

These are soo stinkin adorable.. love how simple they are to make.. I may have to give these a try! Thanks for sharing with the Pink Hippo party!

6. dee says

I absolutely love these! Such a cute idea! I had to pin them and share on my CraftBliss Facebook page and link back to you. ~Dee

7. Eva {Tales of the Scotts} says

So cute! I recently got some ric rac from Pick Your Plum but have never used it before. I have some blank towels. This gives me a few ideas. Love what you did to make them your own! I'm a new follower!