Striped Canvas Tote Bag

I’m back in California! Chicago was a lot of fun but we’re glad to be home and back to our normal routines. We had activities planned from 9am-9pm everyday, which was fun and exhausting at the same time. Between New York and Chicago within a 2 week period, I’m ready for life to get back to normal. The kids really enjoyed Chicago but there were a few things I wish I had planned better. One of those being bringing something for my daughter to play with while we waited for the bus/taxi/train. It’s not anything we’re used to so it didn’t cross my mind that my toddler would get bored while waiting. As soon as we got back home I thought of a great idea to keep my daughter entertain on an upcoming trip next month. I decorated a small canvas tote bag to carry books, toys, or crayons in.

This may be the easiest craft project I’ve made. I simply purchased a small tote bag then used paint markers to paint stripes on it. Before we left I went shopping for some Elmer’s Painters at Walmart. I was excited to find out
that they now sell the paint markers individually for $1.97, which means I can pick
and choose what color(s) I need without having to buy a whole pack. I had a hard time narrowing down my choices.

I drew lines about 3/4 of an inch apart not worrying too much about how straight they were. I also only used one coat of paint to make the tote look weathered. After the paint dried I glued on a fabric rosette with some fabric scraps I had lying around.

It’s the perfect size for her miniature princess dolls. She was excited when I gave it to her and hasn’t let it out of her sight since. I like it so much I plan to make a large tote for myself. Then we’ll have customized mother and daughter tote bags. #ExpressYourself

Connect with Elmer’s on
Linking up to these parties, TCB, My Repurposed Life, Home Stories from A2Z
I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study forCollective Bias™. #CBias #SocialFabric

Comments

SO cute, and looks easy to do… my little one would love a little tote like this one! :)

I found you through the Delightfully Inspiring Thursday Party over at Delightful Order… God Bless! :)
    ~ Jess from The Colorful Ones

This is a great idea! and great for kids. I will have to try this with my kids. I would love it if you would link up to The CSI Project.
    The challenge is chevron. every week is a new challenge and new giveaways. Come on over!

3. Brandy says

Where did you find the canvas tote? I made a bag for one of my girls with one I found laying around the house but I have no clue where it came from! Thanks =)

This striped canvas tote bag is so cute!! We are so glad you came to another week of our fun “Strut Your Stuff Saturday”. Please join us again! -The Sisters

5. Sharon Hardman says

How did you make the yellow flower on the purse and pillows? They are all so adoreable, great job on the patio

This is so cute. Great idea. I have a link party on Wednesdays, and I would love it if you would link this and any other posts. It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party. It runs from Wednesday to Sundays.
    I hope to see you there. I am your newest follower, and I would love for your to follow me also. Have a great Day.
    Debi Bolocofsky