Create mini 4th of July s’mores kits for your patriotic party with denim treat bags and glitter heat transfer vinyl.
Summertime means s’mores & backyard barbecues with friends! I have a slight obsession with putting together s’mores kits as party favors or to have ready for guests to enjoy during the party. Over the years I’ve shared a few ideas but these patriotic s’mores kits might be my favorite. All you need is denim treat bags, glitter heat transfer vinyl from Expressions Vinyl, and all the fixings for s’mores and you have a cute kit ready for your 4th of July celebration.
Hey, want to win a $100 gift card to buy all the vinyl your heart desires? Enter the giveaway at the bottom of the post and check out some awesome 4th of July ideas!
I’m using small denim bags I found at the craft store. You can usually find small fabric bags near the party aisle or you can always make your own with jeans you no longer use.
Step one: select your images in the Cricut design space. Size the images to fit your bags (mine are fairly small so the images are a little under 3×3 inches).
Step two: place your glitter heat transfer vinyl on your cutting mat, shiny side facing down. I always forget this! Thankfully my friend Kim is a vinyl expert and reminded me. ☺
Step three: This is the most important step…mirror images before cutting! If you’re using a Cricut machine this option will show up after you press, “GO” to begin cutting.
Step four: weed excess vinyl after it’s been cut. Iron on the image by placing the heat transfer vinyl over your fabric bag, shiny plastic facing up. Allow vinyl to cool before removing the plastic.
For the fireworks I ironed them on one at a time. Layering the heat transfer vinyl was really easy to do and I like how the silver and red glitter contrast against the blue denim.
- Patriotic shirt by Pitter and Glink
- Treat boxes from a Kailo Chic Life
- Wall art from Sweet Rose Studio
- Easy Diy shirt from A Crafted Sparrow
- Star vinyl sign from Crafting in the Rain
- America Pillow from Kiki & Company
- Land that I love from 733 blog
- 4th of July Smores kit from A Pumpkin and a Princess
- Firework Tank from Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Festive Popsicle bucket from Doodlecraft
- Polka Dot Mason Jar from MM Scrap Shoppe
- Little Sparkler shirt from Made to be a Momma
- Star Confetti Balloons from Sugar Bee Crafts
- Embroidery Hoop America from A Girl and a Glue Gun
- Suspender onesie from Silhouette School
More patriotic ideas: