Cheesecake has to rank among one of my favorite desserts. Cookies, however, will always be my all time favorite. There’s something comforting about the simplicity of a warm cookie that brings back memories of my childhood. I grew up baking cookies with my mother and grandmother and to this day it’s my favorite thing to do with my daughter. Recently I combined my two favorite desserts into a gluten free cookie dough cheesecake bar with mini Reese’s.
I made a semi-homemade version of this recipe using the new Pillsbury gluten free cookie dough. The cookie dough was a mixture between a soft and crispy crust that complimented the cheesecake filling. The Reese’s were a necessary bonus, of course. A chocolate chip cookie crust, cheesecake filling, and Reese’s..sounds like the perfect combination to me! I have to admit I was pretty glad to see these cheesecake bars go quickly, I’m afraid I would’ve eaten them all if everyone else didn’t. I’m planning on making them again for a birthday party in a few weeks, I’m thinking of adding chocolate chips to the batter instead of Reese’s.
Pillsbury’s new gluten free cookie dough is great for creating desserts with or enjoying a delicious gluten free chocolate chip cookie. Over the last few months we’ve been incorporating more gluten-free meals into our diet and I’ve found that eating gluten-free is not as easy for someone who loves baking like I do. I’m still new to using gluten-free recipes but I’m always excited to try new gluten free products that can help make things easier. I purchased the only container left at my store but I’m already looking forward to trying new gluten free desserts when I get a hold of more.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars
- 10 oz package cream cheese room temperature
- 1 tsp sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pillsbury gluten free cookie dough
- 1 cup Mini Reese's
- Preheat oven to 325; line 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Press cookie dough into baking dish, bake for 7 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, and sugar in stand mixer.
- Add egg and vanilla; mix until well combined.
- Pour cheesecake filling on cookie dough, add mini Reese's on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool completely before slicing.