DIY Lavender Candle – how to make lavender candles in mason jars. Add a printable gift tag to give these handmade candles as Mother’s Day and birthday gifts.
DIY Lavender Candles
Mother’s Day is coming up and I always try to have some kind of handmade gift for my mom. Maybe it’s the nostalgia of making things when I was little, but I still like to spoil her with some handmade goodies. Last year I made her a basket full of my favorite sugar scrubs, soaps and face masks. My mom was so happy to receive it that I thought I could do something similar again this year. I recently made soy lavender candles and today I’m going to share how you can easily make some at home. I also created a Happy Mother’s Day and Happy Birthday printable tag so that you can give these as handmade gifts.
This post contains affiliate links
- Soy Wax Flakes
- Lavender essential oil or fragrance oil
- Large Pyrex measuring cup
- Mason jars
- Candle wick
Happy Mother’s Day & Happy Birthday printable tag
How to make lavender candles
- Use hot glue to add the wick to the center of your mason jar. If your wick doesn’t have a metal piece you can use a little bit of melted wax to “glue” your wick in place. Wrap your wick around a skewer to keep it centered.
- Melt soy wax flakes in a large pyrex measuring cup. You can use the double boiler method or the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds. You will need double the size of your mason jar. I used about 3 cups for a pint size jar. If you don’t have enough you can always melt a little more until you reach the top of the jar.
- Combine melted wax and essential oil. I use about a tablespoon for each mason jar candle. Pour wax into mason jar and make sure the wick stays centered. Let the wax harden for several hours or overnight. Trim wick to ¼ inch.
DIY Lavender Candle
How to make mason jar candles
Add a printable Happy Mother’s Day or Happy Birthday gift tag to the top of your mason jar lid. The tags should work on regular and wide mouth mason jar lids. To finish it off I used faux flowers from Michaels & satin ribbon.
More handmade gift ideas
How many candles does one order of the soy wax flakes make? I’m thinking of making a few to go with my wedding center pieces but I’m not sure how much wax to order!
La lavanda es una de mis hierbas favoritas y estoy encantada con estas recetas. Muchas gracias.
Been really enjoying these little “recipes”. I’m going to make some of the lemon soaps and these lavender candles to give to each of my Thanksgiving guests next month !