Celebrate the upcoming Finding Dory movie release with this easy glitter slime recipe. These small “fish bowl” jars make a great Finding Dory party favor or summer boredom-buster idea for kids!
If you follow me on Snapchat (username: pumpknaprincess) you may have noticed I’m working on a Finding Dory party. With the upcoming release my kids have been anxiously waiting to see the sequel to Finding Nemo, one of our all-time favorite Disney Pixar movies. We’re starting to see Finding Dory toys and books and it’s adding to our excitement to watch the movie in a few weeks. To celebrate the upcoming release and kick-off summer we’re having a Finding Dory party this weekend. There will be plenty of ocean-themed food, Finding Dory party favors, games and activities. Today I’m sharing this easy glitter slime recipe that can be used to make Finding Dory fish bowl party favors.
How to make glitter slime
Small jars (Michaels)
Adhesive rhinestone strips (Michaels)
Finding Dory stickers
Finding Dory Toys
Step one: Empty one bottle of glitter glue into a bowl. Stir in 1 tablespoon of warm water.
Step two: In a small bowl combine 1 cup warm water and 1 teaspoon borax; stir until borax dissolves.
Step three: pour borax water into your glue mixture. Stir until the slime starts to form. Quickly remove from water and continue working the slime with your hands. If needed, dip slime back into the water for a few seconds. This will help stiffen up the slime but if you leave it in too long then it may become too hard.
UPDATE: I have an updated glitter slime recipe and alternative recipe options HERE -> DIY Glitter Slime
Note: I’ve shared a few slime recipes before and I will say that the glitter glue doesn’t have the same elasticity that the regular white/clear glue does. The kids still enjoy playing with it for hours but it doesn’t quite stretch like the Minions Slime & Glow-in-the-dark Slime.
Step four: for the party favors I used small jars from Michaels (in the wedding aisle). I added adhesive rhinestones on the lid and Dory stickers to the front. I wanted the party favors to resemble a fish bowl and love the way they turned out! :)
Finding Dory Glitter Slime
- 1 bottle glitter glue
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1 teaspoon borax
- Empty glitter glue into a medium size bowl.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon warm water into your glue.
- In a small cup combine 1 cup warm water and 1 teaspoon borax; stir until borax dissolves.
- Pour borax water into your glue mixture. Stir for about 10-20 seconds until slime begins to form. Remove from bowl and continue to work slime with your hands. If the slime is too sticky quickly dip the slime back into your water bowl. The borax will help stiffen up the slime, but be careful not to leave it in for too long.
- Place in a airtight container or bag when not in use.
More kids crafts you may like:
Wow. Looks beautiful!
Looks so cool, Did you put the figures inside the box?