Now that Valentine’s Day has passed its time to start focusing on St. Patrick’s Day crafts and recipes. Last year right before St. Patrick’s Day I shared mint chocolate chip ice cream cupcakes and this year I put a new spin on them by creating mint brownie ice cream push up pops! I love mint brownie ice cream and this recipe is perfect for a St. Patrick’s Day party.
Speaking of ice cream cupcakes, with the help of a few good friends I have a fun new series starting this month where I will share a new ice cream cupcake recipe once a month for the next year, so that it will end on the anniversary of when my first recipe was published.You’re probably thinking “umm how many times can you switch out the ice cream?” but rest assure there will be some fun new creative ways to make ice cream cupcakes for every holiday/season/celebration imaginable! A few of my favorite bloggers have given me some ideas for this series that I think you’re going to like! Ice cream cupcakes are perfect for parties and they’re so easy to make that I hope you enjoy this series as much I’m looking forward to it, especially for what I have in store for you at the end of it. :)
Now back to the St. Patrick’s Day Push-Up Pops…
Push-up pops have been all the rage for a couple of years now so I’ve been wanting to make them for awhile. A few weeks ago I came across a Wilton pack of push up pop containers at Michaels and I knew it was time to finally make some. They also had a Wilton pan that creates mini cakes shaped small enough for the push up pop containers but I didn’t pick that up. So here’s what I did..I baked a sheet layer of brownies then used the container to cut out circles that were a perfect fit!
My baking pan collection is getting out of hand but I may just have to add the push up pop one soon for a post I’m working on for next month. More deets on that soon. ;)
Mint Brownie Ice Cream Push Up Pops
- Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- Mint Brownie Ice Cream
- Whipped Cream optional
- Sprinkles optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix water, oil, and egg together; add brownie mix. Stir until well blended.
- Bake brownies for 26-28 minutes.
- Allow brownies to cool completely.
- >>>To assemble ice cream brownie push up pops:
- Cut brownie bites small enough to fit into the container (tip: use the top of the container to cut perfectly sized brownie bites).
- Add one brownie bite then spoon in ice cream layer. Repeat with another layer of brownie bite and ice cream.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkles if desired.