Easy chocolate truffles recipe made with Hershey’s Dark Chocolates Filled with Mint Truffle candy. The holiday season is upon us, my friends. I’m ready to embrace the Christmas music, holiday décor, and the best part of all the baking. My favorite childhood memories involve helping my mother bake holiday treats for family and friends. It’s where my love of baking stems from and provides me the inspiration for recreating those memories with my children. I love seeing the look on the kid’s faces when we’re getting ready to give our neighbors and friends a package of baked goods. My daughter especially finds so much joy in sharing the treats we made, this alone puts a smile on my face. Last year we made a variety of truffles that she wanted everyone to sample right away. We found that a good chocolate truffle base can be made with any topping you enjoy the most. Today I’m sharing a really fun twist on a mint truffle recipe using Hershey’s Kisses Dark Chocolates filled with Mint Truffle candies.
Mint Chocolate Truffles
Mint Chocolate Truffles
- 1 ½ cups Hershey's Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 20 Hershey’s Kisses Dark Chocolates filled with Mint Truffle candies.
- For the topping:
- 1 cup melted chocolate
- Melt Hershey's Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips over a double boiler. Remove from heat and stir in heavy cream and butter, stirring quickly until well combined. Place in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Scoop a small ball of the truffle chocolate using a cookie scoop. Place an unwrapped Hershey's Kisses Dark Chocolates Filled with Mint Truffle candy inside the truffle ball. Roll into a smooth ball and place on a baking sheet. Put truffles back into the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Melt 1 cup of chocolate chips over a double boiler or in microwave according to package directions. Dip truffles in chocolate and add sprinkles. You can either sprinkle on top or roll the entire truffle in sprinkles. Allow chocolate to set.
If you’ve never made truffles before you might be surprised by how easy a basic truffle recipe is. You can make truffles with as simple as two ingredients – chocolate and heavy cream. Of course you can add butter, extracts or liqueur to enhance the flavoring, but the two basic ingredients work perfectly on their own. Once the chocolate has set you can roll the truffles in your favorite coating. The most commonly used are coconut flakes, sprinkles, cocoa powder and finely chopped nuts. For this recipe I scooped the truffles using a small cookie scoop and placed an unwrapped Hershey’s Kisses Dark Chocolates Filled with Mint Truffle candy inside. It takes a little practice but you’ll quickly get the hang of rolling the truffle into a ball around the Hershey’s Kisses. After they have chilled in the refrigerator I dip them in melted chocolate and added sprinkles on top. The Hershey’s Kisses Dark Chocolates Filled with Mint Truffle candy is a nice little surprise inside that gives the truffle the mint flavor.