Pink and green muddy buddies covered in sprinkles in honor of Muppets Most Wanted.
Do you remember watching The Muppets growing up? I’ve always been a fan of Miss Piggy and her never ending attempts at love with Kermit.
We were able to watch a sneak peek of Muppets Most Wanted this summer and the kids loved it! The movie is great for the whole family. It’s filled with guest cameos, new songs, and of course being a Tina Fey fan I thought her Russian accent was hilarious. The movie follows the Muppets on a world tour as they, unknowingly, become involved with the number one criminal – Constantine.
Having a movie night means making a special batch of muddy buddies. As I’ve mentioned before I try to make popcorn and muddy buddies recipes that relate to the movies we watch. The kids LOVED the pink and green Muppets Muddy Buddies. In honor of my two favorite characters I made half a batch of green and the other pink. I also added sprinkles – the Muppets are full of vibrant colors and I wanted our snack to be colorful too! They reminded me of the pink and white circus animal crackers I my grandma used to give me when I was younger.
Normally I use white chocolate chips in my muddy buddies recipes but for this I used Wilton Candy Melts. It was easier to buy the pink and green candy melts than coloring the chocolate myself.
Muppets Muddy Buddies
- 6 cups Chex cereal divided
- 1 cup pink candy melts
- 1 cup green candy melts
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- Melt candy melts over a double boiler or microwave according to package directions.
- In separate bowls gently mix pink candy melts with 3 cups of cereal then mix 3 cups of cereal with green candy melts.
- Add 1/3 cup powdered sugar to each batch. Toss until fully coated.
- Spread coated cereal onto wax paper covered baking sheet. Add sprinkles immediately.
- Allow chocolate to set for 20 minutes before eating.