By now you may have realized that I have a passion for baking. Not only to eat tasty treats but also for the memories I create with my children. Baking was such a big part of my childhood, it’s the dearest memory I have with my mother growing up. I remember checking out cookbooks from the library and always having a new recipe request to make. My mother would take me to the store with my recipe list in hand, happily encouraging me to experiment in the kitchen. These are the memories I look to recreate with my own children and hope that they look back on when they’re older. Today I’m sharing with you an Oatmeal Raisinets Cookie recipe we recently made together.
With the start of the Raisinets Enlightened Enjoyment sweepstakes it made me reflect on the things that bring joy into my life. My family is my number one source of joy and fulfillment, they are what complete me. Yesterday we had a picnic at the park and I honestly can’t remember the last time I had such a great time. There’s something about playing with the kids out in a big open soccer field that makes my heart melt. There are plenty of other things that bring joy to my life. Besides spending quality time with my family I love baking, reading, running, crafting, and sharing ideas with all of YOU!
Oatmeal Raisinets Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 package 11oz Nestle Raisinets Milk Chocolate-Covered Raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Chocolate for drizzling optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and eggs; gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in oats, Raisinets and walnuts.
- Drop by tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes. Cool then drizzle chocolate on top.
The secret to the BEST oatmeal raisin cookies? Milk Chocolate Raisinets and chocolate chips! Try these oatmeal raisinets cookies, I promise they won’t disappoint. This recipe can also be found on the back of a Raisinets bag, the chocolate drizzle was my addition. ;)
Thanks for stopping by!