A few nights ago my mother-in-law took all three kids kids out to dinner..by herself..bless her heart. Kidding, but I have to say that she’s pretty brave and I’m happy to hear it went smoothly. Leaving my husband home to figure out a quick meal for two I made a small plate of fried ravioli with marinara and a side of green beans. It was quick and perfect for the two of us. I used Buitoni spicy beef & sausage ravioli covered in a buttermilk italian bread crumb batter and fresh parmesan cheese. This recipe is easy and took maybe ten minutes start to finish.
Parmesan Fried Ravioli
- olive oil for frying
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- 1 package Buitoni ravioli
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning optional
- dash of salt and pepper
- fresh grated Parmesan
- Fill frying pan with olive oil about to 2 inches deep. Heat oil over medium heat.
- Combine bread crumbs, seasoning, salt and pepper in medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl dip ravioli in buttermilk then dip into bread crumbs.
- Fry raviolis in batches for about 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain ravioli on a paper towel.
- While still warm sprinkle fresh Parmesan cheese on top.