White chocolate popcorn with M&M’s and Edible Gold Stars.
Chocolate Covered Popcorn
I want to share with you one of the easiest party recipes you can make. Almost every holiday we make our favorite chocolate covered popcorn with M&M’s. I’ve mentioned this in previous posts before but it’s SO easy to switch this recipe up for any holiday, event, or celebration. The kids always enjoy seeing what I find to mix in to the popcorn for that particular holiday. This was one of their favorites because it had an almost hidden surprise sprinkled on top. The white chocolate covered popcorn was not only sprinkled with M&M’s but also with tiny edible gold stars. Fancy, I know! In all seriousness you guys this popcorn was fun for the kids and will definitely make an appearance at our fourth of July party. Perhaps we’ll enjoy it while watching fireworks.
Have you used Edible Gold Stars before? I’ve been buying these from Michaels for years and love sprinkling them on top of cupcakes and cakes. The gold stars are so small you almost miss them but the kids spotted them and oohed and aahed over them all throughout our movie night.
Patriotic Party Treats
Patriotic White Chocolate Popcorn
- 6-7 cups popcorn popped
- 1 1/2 cup white chocolate
- 1 cup blue and red M&M’s
- Wilton edible glitter shimmering stars
- Use a double boiler to melt white chocolate over low heat. Meanwhile cover a 13x9 inch baking sheet with wax paper. Spread popcorn on baking sheet.
- Pour melted chocolate and carefully toss with popcorn until fully coated.
- Sprinkle M&M’s and edible glitter stars on top. Allow chocolate to set for 15 minutes.
- Store in airtight container.