Easy 3-ingredient pumpkin spice Oreo balls.
Early this year I discovered Oreo balls (or as some call them Oreo truffles). I don’t know where I’ve been but these easy to make Oreo treats are amazing! I’ve made them for every party and family gathering this year. I have a recipe in my drafts from the summer, and I think it’s my all-time favorite so I’ll have to share it soon. When I came across Pumpkin Spice Oreos I knew I had to give them a try. By the way, have you tried the new Oreo flavors? Nothing will beat a classic Oreo but there are definitely some interesting flavors out there. Luckily these pumpkin spice flavor weren’t too far out of my comfort zone and made a nice Oreo truffle. If you haven’t tried making Oreo balls before you might be surprised by how easy they are to make. It’s literally 3 ingredients – Oreos, cream cheese, and chocolate for dipping. That’s all you need to make a soft, cheesecake-like Oreo truffle. The kids in our family have always liked cake balls at parties but those have quickly been replaced with Oreo balls. They’re so much easier to make and a lot more flavorful.
Pumpkin Spice Oreo Balls
- 1 package pumpkin spice Oreos
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- white chocolate or vanilla almond bark
- pumpkin spice optional
- Use a food processor to make Oreo cookies into small crumbs.
- Mix cookie crumbs with softened cream cheese until well combined.
- Use a small cookie scoop to make 1 inch Oreo balls. Place on a wax paper covered baking sheet and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate and dip Oreo balls individually then place back on baking sheet.
- Once Oreo balls are covered in chocolate refrigerate for 1 hour.
I like to place the Oreo balls in the refrigerator right after shaping them. It helps make them firm and easier to dip in chocolate. I also like to keep them refrigerated until we’re ready to eat them. For the chocolate I tend to use Almond Bark from Target. It melts perfectly and coats really well. If you prefer white chocolate would work well too.
These little treats are great for the holidays, especially the pumpkin spice flavor for Thanksgiving. I plan to make a variety of flavors for holiday gifts this year.
More Pumpkin Spice Recipes:
Love you page. I am going to try these Pumpkin Spice Oreoes. Love all things pumpkin!
Mmm … these look delicious. I’ve never tried Oreo balls, but from the ingredients they sound really good! Thanks for sharing:)
When do you put the pumpkin spice on them? Do these freeze well? Thanks.