S’more Rice Krispies Treats made with graham crackers, marshmallows, and miniature chocolate chips.
Rice Krispies treats are a classic favorite in our home. Growing up I have some of the best memories making those marshmallowy treats with my mother and sisters. What’s great about them is how quick and easy they are to make. As a child I remember coming home from school and reminding my mother that it was our turn to bring a treat to girl scouts. At the time I didn’t think anything of it but I remember seeing her stressed out about how little time we had until our meeting that evening. As a parent now I’ve had first hand experience how stressful it is to have your child tell you they need something made right before they need it. Thankfully we had everything on hand for Rice Krispies treats and soon had a batch ready to go in time for our meeting. Over the years we have made a variety of flavors, some as simple as adding M&M’s to the mix other times creating peanut butter and chocolate Reese’s treats. Our latest were these s’more Rice Krispies treats made with Cocoa Rice Krispies cereal, graham cracker pieces, marshmallows, and miniature chocolate chips on top.
S’mores Rice Krispies Treats
S’more Rice Krispies Treats
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Cocoa Rice Krispies cereal
- 3 graham crackers broken into pieces
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup miniature chocolate chips
- In a large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add 4 cups marshmallows until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add Cocoa Rice Krispies cereal and graham cracker pieces to marshmallow mixture until fully coated. Add 1 cup marshmallows to mix, then press into greased 13x9 inch pan with a greased spatula.
- Sprinkle remaining marshmallows and chocolate chips on top.
- Cool and cut into 2-inch squares.
The kids are always excited to help out in the kitchen, especially when it comes to making dessert. Right before Easter we made a batch of treats to shape into bunnies using a treat mold.
We prepared the usual Rice Krispies treat recipe then pressed the mxiture into the mold. We found that it helped to lightly grease the mold to help release the treat in perfect shape. Once the bunny treat hardened we dipped them in melted white chocolate and added various candy pieces for the face.
These were a big hit with the kids on Easter. All of the cousins decorated their own bunny pop to enjoy after the egg hunt. My daughter claimed its her favorite Rice Krispies Treat we’ve ever made.
What are some of your favorite Rice Krispies Treat ideas to make with your kids? Do you make holiday treats like pumpkins for Halloween and use cookie cutters for fun shapes?
Wow!! Those look soooo good!!! What a great combination of yumminess! I’d love to see these linked up at the DIY Inspired party at my blog. :) Have a great weekend!!
These look delicious! I love all things s’mores. I found you via the Link Party Palooza on TT&J. And your children are beautiful! Happy Friday!
they look yummy!