Happy Monday my friends! I think the best way to start off a Monday is with a cupcake recipe, don’t you agree? This white chocolate cupcake with white chocolate cream cheese frosting is simply divine! The kids and I had a magical movie night last weekend watching OZ the Great and Powerful and we LOVED it! Did you watch it in theaters? The vibrant colors and graphics are truly amazing.
I loved Glinda’s character and wardrobe, it was simply stunning! The gold, white, and silver beautifully portrayed her character. This inspired me to create white chocolate cupcakes with edible silver stars. We’v been using edible glitter in recipes for years and the kids always get excited to sprinkle them on!
White Chocolate Cupcakes
This white chocolate cupcake recipe is creamy, buttery, and and infused with double the white chocolate. A lindt white chocolate bar is melted into the cupcake batter and another candy bar is melted into the frosting. Then of course topped with a white chocolate square and pretty edible star glitter.
White Chocolate Cupcakes & Frosting
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extracts
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 4 oz white chocolate baking bar
- White Chocolate Frosting Recipe:
- 4 oz white chocolate bar
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cup powdered sugar sifted
- Preheat oven to 350 and line cupcake pan.
- Over a double boiler melt white chocolate bar and set aside.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In a stand mixer combine butter and sugar for 2 minutes. Mix in eggs one at a time.
- Add milk, vanilla, and melted chocolate until well combined.
- Slowly incorporate dry ingredients and mix for 2-3 minutes.
- Fill cupcakes 2/3 full and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- For the white chocolate frosting:
- Melt white chocolate bar over a double boiler, set aside.
- Beat cream cheese and butter together.
- Add melted white chocolate and vanilla.
- Slowly add powdered sugar and mix until well combined.
- Pipe cupcakes with frosting and sprinkle edible star glitter on top. Optional: add a white chocolate square.
These look delicious!! White chocolate is my favorite!! I can’t wait to try these!! Thanks for the recipe!!
These sound so delicious! I love white chocolate, and I might need to make these right now. :) I found you on Sugar Bee Crafts!
These look amazing and I love the itty bitty stars! Great job and I hope you are doing well!
Those look so good. White chocolate is my favorite!
My oldest daughter loves white chocolate, will pin right now!
Not Your Average Super Moms!
Your directions say Baking Powder, but you ingredient list doesn’t mention baking powder?
You mention adding baking powder, but it is not listed in the ingredients. How much?
How much baking powder goes into this recipe? And how many cupcakes does this recipe yield?
Great recipe, it is difficult to find a white chocolate cake recipe that does not involve simply adding white chocolate chips to vanilla cake. That said, this recipe is missing a few things, which I see have been questioned in the replies but not answered. Baking powder, a key ingredient in any white cake recipe. I added 1 tsp and it worked out perfectly. You may also want to add a few more TBS of milk, otherwise the batter is quite thick. This recipe yields 12 cupcakes. Hope this helps anyone who has been thinking about trying it out :)