Potty Treats Jar

It’s that time again…to potty train that is. First let me begin by saying that I am not ready for my little girl to be potty trained. Does that make me crazy? She’s been using the potty on and off since she was 18 months old and we have never pushed it on her. If she asks to use her potty we take her, if not then we don’t bother. She’s starting to become a lot more interested in it and the other day she said “no diaper, undies please” *tear* So we decided to go ahead and start potty training and see where it goes. I never used a potty reward system with my son but we’re trying it out with Madi.
I was inspired by this cute jar.
This is what I used:
I used an elastic band and tied ribbon onto it.
Originally I used small letters but they looked horrible and kept peeling off, so I ended up taking off the little letters and using the letters on the right instead.
Does anyone have any advice on potty training they can offer? It’s been so long since Jay was potty trained that I feel new at all of this. I’d love to hear what worked/what didn’t for your child.
Have a great weekend everyone! Check out where I’m linking up to here.

Comments

1. Jackie Koll says

I Love this. My 18 month old likes to sit on the potty so he can use paper and flush but he has yet to actually go :-) Sometimes when we ask if he wants to use the potty he says yes, but most of the time it is no LOL So, maybe this potty jar is just what we need!

2. Eschelle says

I had to wrok for over a year to get my eldest to potty train, eventually we just took him off cold turkey… it was rough but we're done now and hoping that youngest wont do that to us lol1!

3. Beverly @ FlamingoToes.com says

What a cute idea!! I love the jar – it's super sweet. We did a reward system for both of ours and it seemed to help! Good luck with it! :)
    Thanks so much for linking up to Think Pink Sundays! ;)

4. Donna says

this is sooo great. I'm in desperate need of some incentives for my 5 year old to stay in her own bed at night. 22 years of sharing a bed with a child is getting old… i need my 'baby' to move out and this may just do the trick. thanks!!

5. Pammy pam says

here are some tricks that work for us at daycare (sometimes):
    tell the child you want to hear them make noises in the potty.
    ask them if they can make potty music

good luck!

6. Jenn says

My friend did a potty-treats jar and it seemed to work really well – at least everytime I was over at their house it seemed to work.

7. Christine says

It's so fun and colorful! I love jars like this–I actually just posted a storage idea using a similar jar…Lots of luck with training! :)

8. Kelly, Carrie, Kylie and Zachary says

We did the potty treats too! It worked wonders. We also made a potty sticker chart, where I got some fun sparkly stickers from the dollar store, and everytime he made it to the potty he got a treat and a sticker. It was fun to see him jump up and down when he got to add a sticker to the chart.

9. Kirsten @ Mushki Loves says

I LOVE how yours turned out! VERY CUTE! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would stop by and follow me back! Good Luck with the potty training!

10. BluBabesCreate says

My other daughters potty-trained right away. But my fourth daughter not so! There's a good chance I'll be making this. You can come check out the little girl's room right now on my blog.

11. An Irish Italian Blessing says

LOVE the jar! I bet she gets excited each time it's treat time. I have no advice as my 22 month old has NO DESIRE WHATSOEVER to be potty trained :)

12. Jess@Balancing The Dream says

I love it!! I hope it goes well!! we are starting the potty training with my daughter! Maybe i'll try your treat jar trick!! :)

13. Tricia @ SweeterThanSweets says

Great idea! We've done M&Ms with our daughter too but I realized that the best thing is to give them AFTER washing hands!! I was doing it while she was on the potty still to give more immediate rewards but now she wants to sit and sit forever! I know some kids don't even want to sit but I have the opposite problem. Never done this before, so that's my only tip. =)

14. Joy@WhenDoesDaddyComeHome says

Tips: Accidents happen; they just do. Cleaning them up without making a fuss and moving on is the thing to do.

Lots of drinks and running around naked or in cute panties should help!

Being consistent is the best thing you can do.

Have FUN! I'll be potty-training my third daughter within 6-8 months!

15. Jacque says

I absolutely LOVE this idea, coming from a home that's having issues potty training her daughter with giving her stickers as rewards! I will definitely have to try this idea out! Thanks for sharing! ;)

16. Amanda says

Thanks for sharing this idea! We will soon be potty training our twins, no idea what to do / expect with two of them to train!

17. Nicolette @ Momnivore's Dilemma says

Love the ribbon detail. I hope one of my boys wants to potty train soon so I can make something fun for them…

Thanks for linking to Creative Juice!

18. Anna says

When it's not so late I'm totally coming back to read all these comments for advice! I'm getting ready to potty train next week and I'm so nervous! This is my first time…

Thanks for the super cute idea, I'd love it if you'd link it up to my link party on Mondays!

Anna

Oh and I WILL be making one of these!!

19. Jennifer Dawn says

Very cute idea. We are in the midst of potty training right now. I may have to make one of these.

20. Allison {A Glimpse Inside} says

Very cute! Good luck with the potty training! Thanks for linking up to this week's Catch a Glimpse party.

21. Sarah Kate says

This is so cute and creative!!! Great idea! When my daughter was potty training, we had a sticker chart. She got to choose a sticker to put on her chart and once it was full (normally took between 4-7 days) she could exchange it for a prize. She loved that!

I still say I'd rather give birth 5 times than potty train though. I was NOT a fan of that stage! :o)

22. Michelle says

Stopping in from ECE. Cute idea. Pooty training can be a bear. Toy story stickers were our best friend!

23. Randi~Dukes and Duchesses says

That's really cute. My little one is wanting to potty train as well and as soon as we're back from vacation I'm going at it full force.

24. Nike@ChooseToThrive says

Stopping in from TT&J: This is so cute! I so wish I would have had this last month when I was training my daughter!

25. http://livingatthewhiteheadszoo.blogspot.com/ says

Very cute i'm going to have to make a boy themed jar . Maybe it will help.

26. SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime says

Hi, friend! I'm admiring all your creative posts here. Can you please share them at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)

27. Rhinestone Beagle says

Love the colorful jar. Sure to entice any new potty user. Thanks so much for linking up!

28. megan says

We made this last night and Im going to share on my blog of course with your website and all the credit to you :) Thanks for this great Idea!!

1. […] don’t have a Silhouette, you can use stickers. Last year before I had a Silhouette I made a potty treats jar using stickers and they held up really well. To embellish it even more I added a 97 cent flower I […]