Frozen Caramel Drink Recipe

I have a really bad habit, if you follow me on instagram you may have noticed that I buy frappuccinos way more often than I care to admit. It’s a habit I’ve tried to break for years! I’m trying to lessen my coffee purchases so I recently started making frozen caramel drinks at home. My husband surprised me with a frappe maker last year and I love creating new recipes with it. One of my favorites is a frozen caramel drink recipe.

I recently had the opportunity to share a recipe as part of the Red Cup Showdown for Seattles Best Coffee. Jeff Mauro (the Sandwich King from Food Network) is hosting the Red Cup Showdown in select state fairs this summer where you could win $10,000 by submitting your coffee recipe! If you can’t attend of the state fairs you can also submit your recipe on facebook. One finalist will be selected from the facebook entries and one finalist from each state fair. The winner will win $10,000 and have their drink featured at Seattle’s Best locations across the country. How awesome is that?

For my recipe I used Seattle’s Best Organic Fair Trade coffee.

My Walmart only had a few to choose from but for this recipe try using a dark roast. You can see more pictures from my shopping trip on Google+.

I really want to try this Vanilla roast next time. I’m thinking a vanilla bean drink recipe might be coming your way! ;)

With my machine I can brew the coffee and blend the drink all at once. But you certainly don’t need the machine to create this easy frozen caramel drink recipe.

Frozen Caramel Drink Recipe

1/2 cup Seattle’s Best coffee (preferably a dark roast)

1/2 cup milk

3 tbsp. sugar

3 tbsp. Torani  caramel syrup

2 cups ice

whipped cream (optional)

caramel syrup (optional)

Combine ingredients in a blender until the ice is crushed. Pour into cup; top with whipped cream and caramel syrup. This recipe makes two servings.

If you’re near one of these state fairs be sure to check out the Seattle’s Best exhibit for the #RedCupShowdown. If you don’t live near these areas you can submit your entry on facebook where one finalist will be selected from.

-California State Fair, Sacramento Saturday, July 14
-Ohio State Fair, Columbus Friday, July 27
-Wisconsin State Fair, Milwaukee Sunday, Aug. 5
-Illinois State Fair, Springfield Friday, Aug. 10
-Iowa State Fair, Des Moines Wednesday, August 15

Connect with Seattle’s Best on twitter and facebook.

Disclosure: I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community.  This content has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study forCollective Bias™. #CBias #SocialFabric

Comments

Lots of luck to you in the contest. Your recipes sounds delicious, I love Frappuccino’s also. I never knew a Frappuccino maker existed, I’m going to need to tell my hubby.
    Have a great week

That looks like a piece of heaven in a glass…. soooo need to try this!!

You are planning on sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality.. right? :)

3. Cynthia Sommer says

Looks great! So, please tell me what type of coffee machine do you have? I haven’t seen one that will brew and blend! Thanks! :)

I too have a frappuccino addiction and tried making my own this afternoon. All my ice melted really quickly though. Any advice on keeping it frozen long enough to drink?

• says

Hi SaraBeth, I’ve had the same problem before. Try adding more ice to the mix. Sometimes you just have to find the right balance between ice and coffee without it being too watery. You could also try using less milk. I hope that helps, thanks for stopping by!

Crystal

Ooooooohhhhh! This looks so yummy! And the perfect cool me down for this heat wave we’re having in Atlanta!! Hope you’re having a fantastic holiday week!
    -Melissa

Oh wow, this sounds delish! I’ve been making cold-brew coffee for awhile now & making my own iced coffee drink for early afternoon. Now maybe Ill have to check out this little number.

7. Dee says

Got one of these machines…………they are great and you make these just like Starbucks, you can make more for what you would be charge…….now mind you I still like one at starbucks once in awhile….just for a break or when you run out of coffee. Enjoy

8. kathy says

has anyone tried cinnamon coffee? I am in LOVE with it! I tried a varation of the above with it as i had made some in the coffee pot this am, and it was good, also used some of that dairy flavored creamer cafe mocha as well wth some van syrup just playing around it was good, i want a frap machine i will have to see how much those things are and see about getting one cause those trips to mcdonalds are hard to afford more than one or two a month.