Easy Salted Caramel Turtles

Wow, is it Friday already? I’ve been a little MIA this week but don’t worry I have big plans and many, many ideas to share with you over the next few months. I’ll be back this weekend with a recap of our Halloween/birthday festivities, a giveaway, and hopefully a Christmas post. Before I get to all of that I want to show you how to make the easiest salted caramel turtles ever!

Salted Caramel Turtle Candy

This is such a quick recipe with only 4 ingredients involved. I adapted the recipe from Candiquick.

-I started by placing two pecans next to each other on a parchment covered baking sheet, then added a flatten caramel piece on top.

-Once my oven was preheated to 325 degrees I baked them for 5 minutes (keep an eye on them so that the caramel doesn’t burn).

-Allow to cool.

Salted Caramel Candy

Dip the bottom into melted chocolate or spoon a small amount back onto the parchment paper and place the turtle on top. Pipe melted chocolate on top and sprinkle with sea salt.

Salted Caramel Turtle Candy

I’m giving these away as a gift later tonight so I popped them in refrigerator to quickly harden. Now I need to think of a creative way to package them before we leave. This really was an easy treat to make as a last minute gift that I just had to share.

If you like this recipe check out my Salted Caramel Cupcakes

Thanks for stopping by!

Linking up to these parties

Comments

Yum! I make turtles every Thanksgiving, but this might be my new recipe to try out! They are so cute the way you drizzle the chocolate over the top. :)
    Blessings,
    Leslie

Wow, those do sound easy, and they look amazing! For packaging, what about using a cello bag with tons of beautiful curled ribbons? Or put them in a small treat box? There’s a ton of adorable packaging tutorials on Pinterest! I can’t wait to see what you come up with next– I’ll be pinning this recipe for sure!

I LOVE these and have a good friend always make them for me every year!! Now I have the recipe!!! These look so amazing and I need to make them asap!! :) Thank you, thank you for sharing!! :)

• michellep says

Melt chocolate and either put it in a baggy with a TINY hole cut in the corner, then use it like a icing decorating bag. Or you can buy little bottles for just such drizzling but they are a pain to wash out.

4. Teresa says

These looked so good I had to make them straight away! They tasted wonderful, but were to had to bite. I had to cut them in half so we could eat them. Any idea why? I would love to make them again. They were beautiful and easy, just to hard.

• michellep says

Depending on our caramel, heating it in the oven can make them harden up after they cool. May depend on the brand of caramels you were using also.

5. mary says

I saved this recipe to make some for my guys at work. Thank goodness I only had a about a half dozen caramels, because I ended up eating almost all of them.Well? I had to try them.They are super quick and really good with a hint of sea salt. I am making bunches for them tonight. I swear! Merry Christmas!