Honey Brown Sugar Scrub Recipe

Honey Brown Sugar Scrub Recipe
Happy Friday, friends! How was your Valentine’s Day? We had a great day with the kids and an evening out alone. We went to our favorite Italian restaurant then out for a little shopping. My store of choice was of course Lowe’s for a few DIY projects I’m working on. I’m a little sad that Valentine’s Day is over but I’m already looking forward to Spring and Easter. Today we’re switching gears away from holiday crafts and I’m going to share with you how you can create your own spa-like experience at home with this Honey Brown Sugar Scrub recipe.

Brown Sugar Scrub

Scrubs can be pricey but with only a few ingredients found in your pantry you’ll be hooked on this easy to make sugar scrub!

Last week I shared the “spa at home” gift I made for a friend and you may have spotted the sugar scrub in there. Since then I’ve made a few adjustments to the recipe.

I found this brown sugar scrub recipe in the recent Sandra Lee magazine. I’ve tried basic sugar scrubs before but this recipe called for honey and cinnamon, both of which I haven’t tried in a scrub before.

The original recipe was great and left my skin feeling soft, but I didn’t like how oily it was. It called for two cups of brown sugar but I increased mine by a quarter cup. Start with 2 and increase the amount of brown sugar based on your preference. :)

Honey Brown Sugar Scrub Recipe:

2 1/4 cups brown sugar

1/2 cup olive oil

1/4 cup honey

1 tsp vanilla

1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)

In a bowl combine all ingredients until fully mixed; store in an airtight container. In case you’re wondering I found these jars at Hobby Lobby. Tie the jar with bakers twine, add a wooden spoon, and you have the perfect sugar scrub gift!

Update: I’ve had a few people ask about adding a preservative to the scrub to make it last longer. I recommend adding 1 teaspoon of vitamin E oil to your scrub then storing them in a tightly closed container. :)

Sugar Scrub recipe

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you have a great weekend!

Comments

Thanks for the recipe. The one time I made sugar scrub, it was too oily. I will make sure to do what you did with the brown sugar. It would be a great Mother’s Day gift, or just a me gift!

2. Sabrina says

Hi, I have a question tht might sound stupid but when you talk about vanilla and cinnamon, are you talking about essential oils or extract?

• says

Sabrina » Hi Sabrina, its not stupid at all! I used vanilla extract and cinnamon powder. I bet you could used essential oils as well though! Thanks for stopping by! :)

I’m so excited I saw this on Pinterest! I have been purchasing a very pricey brown sugar scub from a popular in home company, and I can’t believe I haven’t thought of making my own. Thank you thankyou.

4. Judy says

We love this….doesn’t last long with two of us….the honey is enough to preserve it ,it has those properties. Thanks for sharing it!

• says

Leah » Definitely! I really enjoy using coconut oil in my scrubs. Melt the oil for about 30 seconds and then mix it with the other ingredients. I hope that helps! :)

5. Deb Harris says

I just found this site & love all these great scrubs. We recently installed a a jetted tub. I would love to use these in the tub. I thnk it would be fantastic to have that experience. But I wonder( worry ) about wether they would clog the jets. Has anyone tried it? Any thoughts about it or advice? Thanks

• says

Deb Harris » Hi Deb, I’ve never had an issue with it clogging. The scrub is thin and doesn’t clump up. You can also add a little more oil to help thin it out. Thanks for stopping by! :)

• says

Jackie » You’re in for a treat, Jackie! Simply massage the scrub onto your skin and rinse off. The sugar exfoliates your skin and leaves it feeling silky smooth. Thanks for stopping by! :)

• says

meghan » Hi Meghan I haven’t tried it as a lip scrub but it might work since the ingredients are straight from the pantry! Let me know if you try it, thanks for stopping by!

• says

Elizabeth » Hi Elizabeth, I purchased the spoons at Hobby Lobby in the scrapbooking aisles. The brand is called Spare Parts and it’s located next to the brads. Thanks for stopping by!

6. Diana says

I just made this scrub last night. It was super easy! However, I followed it exactly. It was still rather “wet.” It doesn’t look sugary as it does in the pic? I kept adding more sugar but it still didn’t help. Any suggestions? Or, is that how it is supposed to look?

7. La Quinda says

Hello! I’m excited to make the brown sugar scrub,a friend and I was just talking about exfoliating. Wonderful thanks!!!