Peppermint Sugar Scrub Snowflake Cubes – how to make exfoliating sugar scrub cubes infused with peppermint essential oil. Great handmade gift idea under $5!
Hi friends! I know the last few posts have been holiday related and I thought I would just jump right into holiday gift ideas. As you know I’ve been sharing bath bomb, sugar scrubs and soap recipes for about 5 years now. I personally enjoy using them but I also LOVE giving them to friends and family. With Christmas right around the corner I want to start sharing some new recipes I’ve been working on. So, let’s kick off the handmade gift ideas with these Peppermint Sugar Scrub Snowflakes. In the past, I’ve shared lemon sugar scrub cubes and coffee sugar scrub cubes. The peppermint cubes are perfect for the holidays!
The sugar helps gently exfoliate dry skin during the colder months. A mix of goat’s milk soap and coconut oil help replenish moisture, leaving hands feeling silky smooth. In a sense, they are similar to an exfoliating soap bar but it’s easier to break up the sugar if you need more exfoliation. They’re perfect for wrapping in small clear bags or mason jars to give as gifts.
I’ve added Amazon affiliate links to the products used to make this recipe
Peppermint Sugar Scrub Snowflake Cubes
- ½ cup Goat’s Milk Soap Base, grated
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 20 drops peppermint oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt soap and coconut oil (about 30-45 seconds).
- Stir in peppermint essential oil.
- Add in sugar; stir until evenly distributed. Quickly pour into mold. The mixture will start to harden as soon as the sugar is poured, so have your mold close by.
- Allow sugar scrub to harden for a few hours or place in refrigerator for 1 hour before removing. Store in cool place.
Note: I usually make sugar scrub cubes with almond oil. I’ve had a lot of readers mention nut allergies so I wanted to make this recipe with coconut oil. Both work great! However, I suggest the sugar scrub cubes are stored in a cool, dry place if using coconut oil (coconut oil will liquefy when warm).
More handmade gift ideas: