How to make lemon sugar scrub cubes. This easy homemade sugar scrub recipe made with lemon essential oil and skin nourishing oils.
DIY Lemon Sugar Scrub
Making your own sugar scrub is easy and inexpensive compared to buying them at a store. Sugar scrubs are used to help exfoliate dry skin and replace moisture with nourishing oils. Essential oils give sugar scrubs a wonderful scent and this lemon sugar scrub is revitalizing and energizing. Sugar scrub can be made into small cubes by adding goat’s milk soap to your recipe. These make a wonderful handmade gift when stored in airtight contains, such as mason jars. Today I’m sharing this easy recipe for how to make your own lemon sugar scrub cubes.
How to make sugar scrub cubes
This sugar scrub recipe is adapted from my coffee sugar scrub cubes and is really easy to make. You can use any essential oil you prefer to create your favorite sugar scrub cube recipe. I really enjoy lemon scented sugar scrub and wanted to make a cube version to give as gifts this holiday season. The recipe is made with grated goat’s milk soap, almond oil, sugar, essential oil and colorant. If you’re allergic to almond oil you can replace it with coconut oil.
I’ve added Amazon affiliate links to the supplies I used below.
Lemon Sugar Scrub Cubes
More DIY Sugar Scrub Recipes
- Peppermint Sugar Scrub
- Passion Tea Sugar Scrub
- Vanilla Rose Sugar Scrub
- Coconut Tangerine Sugar Scrub
- Honey Brown Sugar Scrub Recipe
- Coffee Sugar Scrub
Lemon Sugar Scrub Cubes
- 1/2 cup Goat's Milk Soap Base grated
- 1/4 Almond Oil
- 20 drops Lemon Essential Oil
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 drop yellow dye optional
- Melt grated soap over a double boiler (I use a large pyrex measuring cup placed in a pot of water).
- Remove melted soap from heat; stir in almond oil, essential oil, and soap colorant.
- Stir in sugar and mix quickly until well combined. Immediately press into mold before mixture begins to harden.
- Allow sugar scrub to set for at least 4 hours or place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
Note: Adding a color to your sugar scrub is completely optional. If you choose to give your sugar scrub cubes a yellow hue you can use soap colorant or one drop of yellow food dye. In case you’re wondering the food dye will not stain your hands. It’s such a small amount that it barely tints the sugar scrub batch. This is
More DIY ideas you may like: