Sponsored by Martha Stewart Living and Barilla®
Hello friends! Can you believe we are towards the end of the holiday season? Only a few more weeks until the new year! With all the holiday parties and activities, it’s been a busy month for us. My meal planning has been a little off track and somedays I’m almost too exhausted to think about dinner. I have always relied on easy recipes to help with meal planning throughout the week, this time of year more than ever. If I can find a recipe that doesn’t take a lot of time and is filled with healthy nutrients, then it’s a winner in my book. We recently tried this Butternut Squash Pasta recipe from Martha Stewart Living and I’m so happy to add another easy recipe to our meal plan favorites.
This pasta recipe is made with shredded butternut squash pureed into the sauce and butternut squash cubes mixed in with Barilla® Pasta Shells. Butternut squash is filled with essential vitamins and is great when roasted with salt, pepper and olive oil. The butternut in the sauce is a great way to sneak vegetables into your kid’s plates! The sauce is also made with Boursin cheese then mixed with the pasta, arugula and toasted hazelnuts.
Butternut Squash Pasta
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and seeded
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- ¾ pound Barilla® medium pasta shells
- 1 container (5.2 ounces) Boursin
- 1 cup baby arugula
- ¼ cup blanched hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grate about half of the squash until you have 5 cups cut remaining squash into ½-inch cubes (about 4 cups). On a rimmed baking sheet, toss squash cubes with 1 tablespoon oil; season with salt and pepper. Spread in a single layer and roast until tender and browned, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 ½ cups pasta water. Heat a large skillet over medium-high. Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil and shredded squash; cook, stirring occasionally, until caramelized in spots, 10 minutes. Transfer to a blender with reserved pasta water and half of cheese; blend until smooth.
- Return blended sauce to skillet; stir in pasta and roasted squash. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately, topped with arugula, hazelnuts, small dollops of remaining cheese, and a drizzle of oil.
We served our pasta in this beautiful bowl from the Whim by Martha Stewart Collection sold at Macy’s. I shared this bowl on Snapchat and had a lot of questions about it. It’s a beautiful bowl and the simple colors and style match my existing dishware. It’s also become our favorite popcorn bowl for family movie nights!
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you’re have a wonderful holiday season!