Remember in May when I said I was suddenly craving cheesecake all the time? Well it hasn’t gone away, in fact it’s gotten worse. But with Fall right around the corner it gives me an excuse to try new flavors like my latest creation..Caramel Apple Cheesecake!
But before we get to the recipe let me tell you about Apple week. What’s Apple week you ask? Well, I’ve teamed up with a bunch of creative bloggers to bring you Apple recipes all week long! We’re calling it Applicious Week. Some bloggers will have a recipe each day, others will have one or two.
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Recipe
- (2) 8oz packages cream cheese
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Caramel Apple Topping
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 5 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and cut into 1/2inch-thick wedges
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
Topping recipe adapted from My Recipes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with baking cups.
- Crush graham crackers, add teaspoon of cinnamon and mix with melted butter.
- Press one heaping tablespoon of graham cracker crumbs into each baking cup.
- Mix together cream cheese, sugar, and sour cream. Add in eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Fill baking cups 2/3 way full; bake for 22-24 minutes.
- Cool; add apple topping and walnuts.
Caramel Apple Topping directions:
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add sugar and lemon juice, and cook, stirring constantly with a long-handled wooden spoon, 5 to 6 minutes or until mixture turns a light golden brown.
- Add apple wedges and cinnamon.
- Cook, stirring often, 15 to 18 more minutes or until apples are tender and caramelized. Remove from heat; cool 20 minutes.
For more Cheesecake Recipes try the Snickers Cheesecakes and Chocolate Chip Cheesecakes.