Quick and easy apple pie crescent rolls made with caramel sauce and a vanilla glaze.
If you’ve followed us for a while you know that we love making easy desserts, especially treats the kids can help with. One of my favorite treats as a kid was a doughnut recipe my mom would make using Pillsbury Grands® biscuits. It’s one of those easy recipes that were impossible to mess up and stays with you forever. I mean let’s be honest, I’ve made my grandmother’s cookie recipe at least 100 times growing up but I still can’t remember the ingredients without calling my mother for help. But those doughnuts will never be forgotten. They bring back memories of Saturday morning cartoons with a fresh batch of warm cinnamon sugar doughnuts and hot cocoa. I think the simplicity is what makes it so memorable, which is why I strive to find easy recipes that our family enjoys. With Thanksgiving coming up I’ve been looking forward to a warm slice of apple pie. My love for easy treats and apple season inspired this easy caramel apple crescent rolls recipe.
If you’re craving a quick apple treat this recipe is perfect when you’re short on time. It’s made with Pillsbury Crescents®, sliced apples, brown sugar, apple pie spice, caramel, and a vanilla glaze. My inspiration for this recipe came straight from the Pillsbury website. I adapted the recipe to use my favorite apple filling, added a drizzle of caramel sauce inside, then drizzled a vanilla glaze on top. The buttery, flaky crescent rolls work perfectly with the apple pie flavors. They’re like a handheld pie without all the hard work.
Caramel Apple Crescent Rolls
- 1 small Granny Smith apple peeled, cored, cut
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 can 8oz Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- caramel sauce
- Heat oven to 375. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, toss apple slices in 1 tablespoon of melted butter; set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and apple pie spice.
- Separate crescent roll triangles and spread brown sugar mixture over each triangle.
- Place one apple slice on each triangle and drizzle caramel sauce on top; wrap dough around apple.
- Brush croissants with remaining melted butter. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- For the glaze:
- Mix 1 ½ tablespoons powdered sugar with 1-2 tablespoons milk and ½ teaspoon vanilla extract. Drizzle over crescent rolls.
What are some of your favorite apple recipes?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pillsbury. The opinions and text are all mine.
Your a genius!