Here’s a twist on your average chocolate brownie..these chewy M&M’s blondies are perfect for bake sales, picnics, and great for tailgating this football season.
Chewy, dark chocolate brownies are one of my favorite treats! The kids on the other hand would much rather have blondies also known as a blonde brownie. They discovered this at Barnes & Noble one day. We’re pretty much obsessed with B&N, as in I can’t remember a week in the last few years that we haven’t gone. We’re always there and every once in awhile the kids and I pick out a treat from the cafe. It used to always be a battle between a chocolate chunk and sugar cookie until one day they had this new treat called an M&M Blondie. Ever since then its become one the kids favorite treats!
Last week we tried an adaptation of this recipe and it was a big hit with the kids. I came across many recipes and not one of them looked the same. It seems that some prefer a gooey blondie and others a thicker, solid blondie. We really enjoyed this recipe, it’s almost like a thick cookie. It’s chewy but not gooey, nice wording isn’t it? HA! Basically these aren’t very messy, making them great for traveling with and serving at a family picnic or tailgating party.
Chewy M&M’s Blondies
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Miniature M&M's
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper and lightly grease paper.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Melt butter on the stove or microwave, once melted mix with brown sugar.
- Mix together egg, vanilla, and brown sugar mixture.
- Slowly add flour mixture, mix until well combined.
- Stir in M&M's then press batter into pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy!
For more easy recipes try…