Hello friends! Today I’m collaborating with Foster Farms to share a soup recipe that’s perfect for fall. If you’re looking for a light new comfort food recipe, this chicken tortilla soup is easy to make and packed with fresh vegetables. Prepare your ingredients ahead of time and whip up this soup in less than 30 minutes on busy weeknights.
Back to school time means getting back on a routine and busy weeks filled with sports schedules. This year we have soccer 3 days a week, 5 days of football and ballet once a week. On top of appointments, homework & running errands. To say we’re busy would be an understatement. This is why I rely on meal planning and easy recipes that help me get through the week. I try to prepare ingredients once or twice a week to make dinner during busy evenings easier to make. I’ll often chop up bell peppers and cook chicken on Sunday to store for an easy dinner later in the week. One of our favorite meals is this Chicken Tortilla Soup, a comfort food we can feel good about eating thanks to its healthy, fresh ingredients.
Providing my family with healthy, fresh and natural ingredients has always been a priority. We are fortunate to live in Central California where there’s an abundance of fresh fruits, vegetables, nuts and meats available to us. When an opportunity to partner with Foster Farms presented itself, we were happy to create a recipe using their Simply Raised Chicken, especially because it’s locally grown in the Central Valley.
Since 1939, Foster Farms has been committed to providing high-quality poultry. Their Simply Raised chicken is grown without antibiotics, hormones, steroids, and fed a 100% vegetarian diet. Foster Farms is embracing the New Comfort Food evolution that replaces traditionally heavy, rich foods with a more mindful way of eating.
Chicken Tortilla Soup
Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 of each red green and yellow bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 14.5 ounce can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 10- ounce can fire roasted tomatoes with green chilies
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 15- ounce can black beans
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 4 cups water
- 3 boneless chicken breast
- cilantro lime, avocado, monterey jack cheese, green onions, sour cream
- Bake chicken breast at 375 for 20-25 minutes, or until done, seasoned to taste. You could also boil for about 20 minutes. Shred chicken and set aside.
- Sauté onion, garlic and bell peppers with olive oil on medium heat. Cook for about 5 minutes or until bell peppers are soft.
- Add chili powder, salt, pepper, tomatoes, water and broth; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in frozen corn, beans, chicken and cilantro; simmer for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh limejuice, cilantro, avocado, green onions, monterey jack cheese and sour cream.
Using Foster Farms boneless, skinless chicken breast, we made chicken tortilla soup. For our family this soup is the ultimate comfort food. But new comfort food is made with lots of fresh ingredients That’s why I used plenty of vegetables and protein to provide our family with necessary nutrients. There’s also something so comforting about sitting around the table enjoying a bowl of soup during the cooler months. I’m already looking forward to cooler temperatures, sweaters and new soup recipes to share with you.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Foster Farms Simply Raised Chicken