DIY Glow in the dark pumpkins – welcome guests and trick or treaters with glow in the dark vinyl pumpkins!
DIY Glow in the Dark Pumpkins
Eeek! Are you getting excited about Halloween? I’m noticing Halloween displays in stores and it’s making me really excited about Halloween crafting. With Halloween right around the corner I thought I would get a head start on sharing pumpkin decorating ideas. You guys know how we love glow in the dark crafts so it’s no surprise that I’ve wanted to make Glow-in-the-Dark Pumpkins for a while now. I made a Jack Skellington pumpkin, flying bats and BOO pumpkin to decorate our front porch.
this post contains affiliate links
How to make glow in the dark pumpkins
- Glow in the dark vinyl
- Black pumpkins
- Cricut cutting machine
- Transfer tape
- Weeding tool
More Glow in the Dark Ideas
- Glow in the Dark Halloween Crafts
- SLIME! How to make your slime glow
- Glow in the dark Halloween Clings
- Glow in the dark Mason Jars
How to make a glow in the dark pumpkin
- Select images from the design space store. I’m using this pumpkin face that resembles Jack Skellington (Monster Bash cartridge) and decorative BOO design (from the Holidays Through The Year cartridge). Size the images according to your pumpkin size. Mine are around 6 inches wide. Weld the images together to make it easier to cut on the same mat.
- Cut your images. You may need to adjust your dial to a deeper cut setting. The vinyl setting didn’t work on the thick glow in the dark vinyl. Test a small piece to find what works best on your machine.
- Remove excess vinyl off and use transfer tape to apply the vinyl to your pumpkin. For the bats I applied each bat individually since it’s not a small, intricate design.
I might get some strange looks from the neighbors if I put them out this early but I can’t wait to see them glowing on Halloween night!
More Halloween ideas: