Making your own envelopes is a great way to coordinate handmade cards with personalized envelopes. At CHA I was able to demo the new Envelope Punch Board By We R Memory Keepers and knew that this was a tool I had to share with you. It allows you to make envelopes for any card size in a matter of minutes.
The envelope punch board is very easy to use whether you’re a long time paper crafter or not, this tool will help you make your own envelopes in a snap. As an added bonus the back of the “punch” on the board is a corner rounder as well. The board comes with a bone folder and a storage insert so that you can always have it on hand when making envelopes or other paper crafting projects.
There’s a measurement chart printed on the board allowing you to easily find the right size of the envelope to fit with your card.
- Begin by trimming your paper to your desired size following the charts measurements. To make an envelope that fits a 5×5 card I trimmed my paper to 8 1/8 x 8 1/8 and used the score line of 4 1/8.
- Align your paper on the score line (mine was 4 1/8) and punch the paper. Use your bone folder that came with the board to score your paper.
- Turn your paper counterclockwise and align your score line with the blue point. Punch and score again. You will continue to do this for each side, making sure the score lines are lining up correctly.
- Fold your paper and use a tape runner to glue the bottom pieces together.
- Embellish your envelope! I’m really liking this gold glitter tape lately and its perfect for wrapping along the bottom of envelopes.
My favorite size is the small gift card envelope, its perfect for birthdays and celebrations! If you’re like me and love handmade cards then you’ll enjoy this tool. As of right now they are currently sold out but it will be available at the end of April. :)