Today I have another fabric flower tutorial to share with you. It’s similar to the fabric flowers I made a few weeks ago, but this time around I used them to make paper clips. These daisy flower paper clips are perfect for your home office or for keeping your kid’s homework together.
As I began writing this post I realized I never finished my project with the big fabric flowers, mainly because I wasn’t a fan of the direction it was going. I may just end up turning them all into hair clips and headbands for my daughter. She already has a few and loves them! She’s a total girly girl and loves hair bows/flowers lately.
How to make Fabric Flower Clips
For these flower paper clips I used a small daisy petal Clover tool. You can find these at most craft stores, I found mine in the Hobby Lobby sewing department.
- Place your fabric wrong side up on top of the Clover tool. Close the tool, making sure your fabric isn’t bunched up then cut the excess fabric off.
- The tool is labeled steps 1-8 of where you need to sew with your thread and needle.
- Open the tool and gather your fabric to create a petal. Using the same thread repeat steps 1-3 until you have 10 petals completed. Tie your ends together tightly.
- Glue a small piece of felt to the bottom of your flower. Hot glue the tip of the paper clip to the bottom of the flower. Add a small piece of felt on top for added support. Another method is to glue the paper clip directly onto the flower and then add the felt.
- Add a button or rhinestone to embellish the top of the flower.
I have another paper clip tutorial to share soon, it might just be my favorite!
I love these. I pinned them.
These are super cute! Thanks for sharing!
These are SO cute!
We’d love for you to stop by and share your posts at our Finished Friday link-up.
So cute -they would make great teacher gifts too!
Lovely! Simple and sweet.
very cute and original!! If you want can share also in my italian link party! https://www.paroladilaura.it/2013/04/share-your-link-16/